Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLUTION] Successful flash of leaked NA6 ROM on Hong Kong 32g N9005

Tip us?

Matrixit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadoge View Post
could anyone send me an efs backup ?

To see if my phone is definitely broken ? after i could see to restore my original imei

regards in PM plz

Every note3 has its own EFS file. Restoring from other's Note3 EFS Backup file will not help you in anyway resolving IMEI issue.

Matrixit
Old
(Last edited by Matrixit; 7th September 2014 at 08:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire View Post
The problem was that Hong Kong Note 3 has a different partition structure for some reason and thus when trying to write the system partition, we got the infamous 'invalid ext4 image' error. I tried extracting the pit from the CSC file and partition with it, but it didn't work. Even tried it with heimdall. Still didn't work. But after a lot of reading, experimenting, and praying, I tried this.

1. Download leaked ROM from here: Terafile; Google Docs; Torrent; Storage Cow
2. Extract the 4 files.
3. Fire up Odin 3.09 and put the phone in download mode.
4. Load ONLY CSC file in Odin. (It contains the pit we need)
5. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked.
6. Flash it.
7. Reboot to Download mode.
8. Flash all 4 files normally.
9. Reboot to Kitkat.
10. Enjoy.

I followed the following Steps & Screwed my phone.
2. Extract the 4 files.
4. Load ONLY CSC file in Odin. (It contains the pit we need) [I used only "CSC_OXX_N9005OXXENA5_327209_REV03_user_low_ship_M ULTI_CERT.tar" file]
5. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked [Only "Auto Reboot" & "F.Reset Time" is selected].
6. Flash it [I am getting error as attached at "https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3535B5CF630678FC%21140". So, I tried again flashing it with CSC file and this time it seems work but I still see still CSC Code is "TGY" (not set to other) see the screen shot at "https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3535B5CF630678FC%21141"].
9. Reboot to Kitkat [When I boot my phone its booting really slow (even after hard reset and cache wipe) and when its rebooted I am getting error as "samsung setupwizard isn't responding. do you want to close it"].
10. Enjoy [No enjoy here. My phone is totally screwed, I can't load any other Rom. Its just going to old Vietnamy Rom. Please help me resolve this issue].

FeralFire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixit View Post
[/COLOR]

I followed the following Steps & Screwed my phone.
2. Extract the 4 files.
4. Load ONLY CSC file in Odin. (It contains the pit we need) [I used only "CSC_OXX_N9005OXXENA5_327209_REV03_user_low_ship_M ULTI_CERT.tar" file]
5. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked [Only "Auto Reboot" & "F.Reset Time" is selected].
6. Flash it [I am getting error as attached at "https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3535B5CF630678FC%21140". So, I tried again flashing it with CSC file and this time it seems work but I still see still CSC Code is "TGY" (not set to other) see the screen shot at "https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3535B5CF630678FC%21141"].
9. Reboot to Kitkat [When I boot my phone its booting really slow (even after hard reset and cache wipe) and when its rebooted I am getting error as "samsung setupwizard isn't responding. do you want to close it"].
10. Enjoy [No enjoy here. My phone is totally screwed, I can't load any other Rom. Its just going to old Vietnamy Rom. Please help me resolve this issue].

What was your baseband version before this?
What all ROMs have you tried and what failure do you encounter?

Have you tried flashing a custom ROM?

Matrixit
Old
(Last edited by Matrixit; 9th September 2014 at 10:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
What was your baseband version before this?
What all ROMs have you tried and what failure do you encounter?

Have you tried flashing a custom ROM?
FeralFire, I appreciate your help on this matter. Thanks for taking time out for looking in this matter. Read comment 65 at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2615092&page=7. My baseband version when I got this HongKong Phone was "N9005ZHUMDJ9" & it was rooted with Custom Rom (I think, see "ODIN MODE info" in comment 65 of above page). I screwed up my phone in attempt to connect it to Kies. For now I need this phone desperately to be working with or without Kies.

Until now I tried following Rom including your Rom (From existing to old)
1) N9005XXUEND3_N9005OJVENE1_N9005XXUENC2_HOME.tar.md 5
2) N9005XXUENA7_N9005MBMENA2_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md 5 (which failed)
3) N9005XXUENB3_N9005OXXENB1_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md 5
4) N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT .tar.md5 (Since I install this Rom my phone has become damn slow and rebooting and restarting. Nothing is working no camera, only wifi and some browsing very slow and this is same issue with all Rom I flashed in 1, 2, 3 place)
5) N9005ZHUDMK1_N9005ZZHDMK1_N9005ZHUDMJ9_HOME.tar.md 5 (This is the first Stock Rom I tried on my phone and since then I lost IMEI and Baseband Version. However, rest of the functioning with phone was perfect and fast)

Apart from above Roms, I also tried flashing different modems (four flashes in succession for each modem). List of modems tried as below (existing to oldest).
1) SM-N9005XXUBMJ1_MODEM.tar.md5
2) SM-N9005XXUBMI6_MODEM.tar.md5
3) modem.bin from your own file "CP_N9005XXUENA2_REV03_CL1277177.tar".

Nothing is working. I don't mind trying custom Rom if you think that will Fix my problem. But, what shall I try in Custom Roms as I don't know which one is best for my device (given the history of my phone). If Motherboard needs to be changed to resolve this issue permanently tell me so. I can send this device to Dubai and get it done (though its not in warranty) but that will take very long time. But if I have to change MotherBoard then I don't want TGY anywhere I need this phone to be like normal Note 3 9005 phone. Is it possible. Any suggestions?

Btw, for now (since very long) I lost CP info when I ran *#1234# it just gives me only "AP: N9005XXUEND3" & "CSC: N9005OJVENE1" no CP info whatsoever or whatever different Roms I try.

!!!Please Help!!!

Note: I never choose any other option then "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" in Odin while Flashing. don't know how come this turn up so bad. Also, I don't have EFS Backup so I can't do much other then trying with different Roms.
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks button!

Current device:
SM-N9000 32 GB
SM-N9005 32 GB

FeralFire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Any suggestions?

!!!Please Help!!!

I am guessing that since you tried newer firmwares first and then the leaked ROM, the older baseband must have caused issues.

Try flashing the newest firmware.

Though if your IMEI information is lost and you don't have an EFS backup, there might be no way to recover it.
IMEI has been a nightmare on the N9005. There are many threads with many suggested solutions. Take a look around.

You can always try a custom ROM to see if it helps, but without IMEI information, the phone part of your phone will never work.

Matrixit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I am guessing that since you tried newer firmwares first and then the leaked ROM, the older baseband must have caused issues.

Try flashing the newest firmware.

Though if your IMEI information is lost and you don't have an EFS backup, there might be no way to recover it.
IMEI has been a nightmare on the N9005. There are many threads with many suggested solutions. Take a look around.

You can always try a custom ROM to see if it helps, but without IMEI information, the phone part of your phone will never work.
What if, I change my Motherboard on this phone. Will I be able to get back my IMEI number and rest of the stuff?

Current device:
SM-N9000 32 GB
SM-N9005 32 GB

FeralFire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
What if, I change my Motherboard on this phone. Will I be able to get back my IMEI number and rest of the stuff?
EDIT: Double post.

FeralFire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Maybe, I don't know. Theoretically, yes, I guess.

Matrixit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Maybe, I don't know. Theoretically, yes, I guess.
Thanks.

Current device:
SM-N9000 32 GB
SM-N9005 32 GB