Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 47,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP 4.4.2 for the ZTE Open C

Tip us?

GamblerTobi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Flash via cwm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootednodedev View Post
This device was purchased on ebay. The only thing I have really done is use the zte upgrade tool in windows to flash and obtain root, now I have a feeling that this is my problem.
Try flashing clockwordmod.
You can disable signing verifycation on cwm.

GamblerTobi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboulet View Post
Alright, So I flashed Android on my Open C with the provided archives. Works fairly well, better than FFOS 1.3 IMHO. Sure, there were no gapps and I did install gapps on the phone but they kept crashing. I removed the gapps and tried again and again the gapps would install but crash. So I removed them again. I thought about it and then it hit me, when my Open C was running FFOS I never used gapps, the only thing I did was have my gmail account setup in the email application. Well, you can easily setup gmail in the default mail application. I ditched the gapps idea once I realized this, installed the Amazon app store and have been really happy with that.
I flashed gapps with vampirefo's recovery and it works perfectly.
Did you flash the correct version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rompip View Post
I have tried rooting the ZTE Open C with Geohot's new Root Tool, but doesn't work. After making it rain it confirmed that phone would reboot, however I only get a white screen and can only pull battery...
Any other experiance?
Try flashing SuperSu with clockworkmod.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefo View Post
I just got my ZTE open C today, installed kitkat, rooted then install gapps, now going to setup dual boot with firefox
Could you please tell me how to set up dual boot?

vampirefo
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Search Google for vampirefo dual boot, you will find several guides that explains how to dual boot android.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vampirefo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GamblerTobi
Old
(Last edited by GamblerTobi; 18th August 2014 at 02:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Cyanogenmod 11 is available!
Works great.
http://www.modaco.com/topic/373214-d...-open-c-kis-3/

You need to install his cwm port. Doesnt work with vampirefo's.

ugjugg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 724

When attempting to flash these zips from recovery I am getting signature verifification failed. I have verified the files are intact but still am unable to flash these.
comprarbaratosmoviles.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core-venta-barata
movilesbaratoschinos.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core

AK0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Verification fails always

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugjugg View Post
When attempting to flash these zips from recovery I am getting signature verifification failed. I have verified the files are intact but still am unable to flash these.
comprarbaratosmoviles.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core-venta-barata
movilesbaratoschinos.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core
You have to go around in circles and jump through monkey hoops to get any files to flash without verification failed. That is why I stopped flashing and just went back to stock Firefox OS. and before someone replies: " you have to use custom clockwork recovery to flash" . This is wrong because I was using clockwork recovery and also had flashed clockwork recovery and the files always failed verification. Even when I wanted to flash the GAPPS or SuperSU to Kitkat, with custom recovery it said verification failed. It was driving me crazy . Only thing I remember that might have worked, is deleting dalvik cache then doing a hard reboot but I can't verify for sure. Android support is very bad on this phone.

vampirefo
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK0 View Post
You have to go around in circles and jump through monkey hoops to get any files to flash without verification failed. That is why I stopped flashing and just went back to stock Firefox OS. and before someone replies: " you have to use custom clockwork recovery to flash" . This is wrong because I was using clockwork recovery and also had flashed clockwork recovery and the files always failed verification. Even when I wanted to flash the GAPPS or SuperSU to Kitkat, with custom recovery it said verification failed. It was driving me crazy . Only thing I remember that might have worked, is deleting dalvik cache then doing a hard reboot but I can't verify for sure. Android support is very bad on this phone.
First of all you are quoting a bot try to advertise "Star Z2 android 4.2 MTK6592", which is funny that you didn't know that.

Second cwm doesn't check signatures also funny you didn't know that, no one can help you, as you don't know the difference between cwm recovery and stock recovery.