Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 Downgrade from 4.4.2 back to 4.1.2

Tip us?
 
NVM5282
Old
#21  
NVM5282's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where troubles exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrord8158 View Post
What I did is downgrading a galaxy note 2 N7100 from kk 4.4.2 to jb 4.1.2. Supposingly, u can use my method to get by but I did NOT try to downgrade to jb 4.3; therefore, u can try.. chances are 95% it'll work using the method above.. Good luck
8 GB SD Card: formatted then copied "N7100XXDME6_N7100OXXDME2_N7100XXDME4_HOME.tar .md5 " firmware (Android JB 4.1.2 for UK/IRL; I use this firmware without problem here in Morocco) on the SD. You can download it from Sammobile.com << i didn't get this part bro ,, i 'm downloading the 4.3 JB available for egypt right now from sammobile ,, and i already have kitkat's one there , i have odin and i have custom recovery TWRP 2.7.2 , so what else do i need and in a bit easier steps cuz if u r noob then i'm NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO B compared to u
Owned Phones :

Nokia 6070 > Nokia 6600 > Samsung SGH-E200 > Nokia 5200 > Nokia 1200 > Nokia N86 8MP > Samsung galaxy star s5282 > Samsung galaxy Note II ( Current )
 
terrord8158
Old
#22  
terrord8158's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVM5282 View Post
8 GB SD Card: formatted then copied "N7100XXDME6_N7100OXXDME2_N7100XXDME4_HOME.tar .md5 " firmware (Android JB 4.1.2 for UK/IRL; I use this firmware without problem here in Morocco) on the SD. You can download it from Sammobile.com << i didn't get this part bro ,, i 'm downloading the 4.3 JB available for egypt right now from sammobile ,, and i already have kitkat's one there , i have odin and i have custom recovery TWRP 2.7.2 , so what else do i need and in a bit easier steps cuz if u r noob then i'm NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO B compared to u
Now wait a sec.. Let me rewrite a quick step-by-step, I hope I will be concise and clear enough:

1. Here's the stuff you'll need:

- You need your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 KK 4.4.2 to be rooted (this is important otherwise this step-by-step is just bullying)
- Mobile Odin Pro 4.20.apk (yes, the android app not the pc software) installed and ready on ur current OS JB 4.4.2
- Android JB 4.3 stock firmware (the one you are downloading from sammobile.com right now)
- A minimum 2 GB SD card inserted, formatted, and empty of any data

2. Getting stuff out right:

a. The downloaded Android JB 4.3 stock firmware (decompress it before copying .tar or .tar.md5 file you dont need the second file on the .zip archive), you should copy it to your "External SD Card" not to the "internal SD" (The 2GB minimum SD Card I mentionned);
b. Go to Settings and enabled USB Debugging (You can google how to enable USB Debug on Android KK 4.4.2);
c. Launch Mobile Odin Pro 4.2 that's installed on you phone;
d. Tap on "Open File", select "External SD", then select the external-sd-card-copied Android JB 4.3 stock firmware .tar or .tar.md5
e. Select the following: "Enable EverRoot", "Inject Superuser (SuperSU)", "Inject Mobile Odin", "Wipe data and cache", and finally "Wipe Dalvik Cache". The "after-flash" option leave it as it is. I didn't touch it.

3. Tap "Flash firmware"

4. Go make a sandwich

5. Enjoy both ur downgraded phone and ur sandwish!
The Following User Says Thank You to terrord8158 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
NVM5282
Old
#23  
NVM5282's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where troubles exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrord8158 View Post
Now wait a sec.. Let me rewrite a quick step-by-step, I hope I will be concise and clear enough:

1. Here's the stuff you'll need:

- You need your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 KK 4.4.2 to be rooted (this is important otherwise this step-by-step is just bullying)
- Mobile Odin Pro 4.20.apk (yes, the android app not the pc software) installed and ready on ur current OS JB 4.4.2
- Android JB 4.3 stock firmware (the one you are downloading from sammobile.com right now)
- A minimum 2 GB SD card inserted, formatted, and empty of any data

2. Getting stuff out right:

a. The downloaded Android JB 4.3 stock firmware (decompress it before copying .tar or .tar.md5 file you dont need the second file on the .zip archive), you should copy it to your "External SD Card" not to the "internal SD" (The 2GB minimum SD Card I mentionned);
b. Go to Settings and enabled USB Debugging (You can google how to enable USB Debug on Android KK 4.4.2);
c. Launch Mobile Odin Pro 4.2 that's installed on you phone;
d. Tap on "Open File", select "External SD", then select the external-sd-card-copied Android JB 4.3 stock firmware .tar or .tar.md5
e. Select the following: "Enable EverRoot", "Inject Superuser (SuperSU)", "Inject Mobile Odin", "Wipe data and cache", and finally "Wipe Dalvik Cache". The "after-flash" option leave it as it is. I didn't touch it.

3. Tap "Flash firmware"

4. Go make a sandwich

5. Enjoy both ur downgraded phone and ur sandwish!
cool . thanks bro for ur guide , as soon as the file download finish i will do it (hope i won't get device brick ) and ofc the sandwich is important lol
btw will the boot loader remain the same of kit kat?
Owned Phones :

Nokia 6070 > Nokia 6600 > Samsung SGH-E200 > Nokia 5200 > Nokia 1200 > Nokia N86 8MP > Samsung galaxy star s5282 > Samsung galaxy Note II ( Current )
 
terrord8158
Old
#24  
terrord8158's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2012
Yes, the bl will remain the same but it doesnt seem to cause any problem at all. Keep us posted about ur progress. Good luck..
P.S. Yeah the sandwish is very important!
The Following User Says Thank You to terrord8158 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
NVM5282
Old
#25  
NVM5282's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where troubles exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrord8158 View Post
Yes, the bl will remain the same but it doesnt seem to cause any problem at all. Keep us posted about ur progress. Good luck..
P.S. Yeah the sandwish is very important!
bro the mobile odin pro 4.2 stuck on Loading ... Checking SuperUser Support even after i gave it root access , what should i do?
Owned Phones :

Nokia 6070 > Nokia 6600 > Samsung SGH-E200 > Nokia 5200 > Nokia 1200 > Nokia N86 8MP > Samsung galaxy star s5282 > Samsung galaxy Note II ( Current )
 
NVM5282
Old
(Last edited by NVM5282; 10th September 2014 at 02:13 PM.)
#26  
NVM5282's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where troubles exists
Flashing it right now , i took backup of EFS in case troubles happened ,, stand with me god

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

**** yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i am not on jelly bean 4.3 once again!!! And all feautres working well , thanks bro !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mob back.png
Views:	32
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	2931794  
Owned Phones :

Nokia 6070 > Nokia 6600 > Samsung SGH-E200 > Nokia 5200 > Nokia 1200 > Nokia N86 8MP > Samsung galaxy star s5282 > Samsung galaxy Note II ( Current )
 
terrord8158
Old
#27  
terrord8158's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2012
Glad to hear ur phone singing and dancing again! Enjoy!
 
NVM5282
Old
#28  
NVM5282's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where troubles exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrord8158 View Post
Glad to hear ur phone singing and dancing again! Enjoy!
bro i tryied to install GLTOOLS and got bootloop . should i re install kitkat 4.4.2 and do that whole story again? :x
Owned Phones :

Nokia 6070 > Nokia 6600 > Samsung SGH-E200 > Nokia 5200 > Nokia 1200 > Nokia N86 8MP > Samsung galaxy star s5282 > Samsung galaxy Note II ( Current )
 
ayenzel
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 175
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Successfully downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.1.2

You guys are amazing. I've been searching for a long time to downgrade my Note 2 to Jellybean 4.1.2 .. I've been following the guide you guys told me and NOW my Note 2 running 4.1.2 without problem. I think you guys making a great job by sharing this information here. Thanks a lot.
My Love:

#Note II
#Moto G XT1033
#Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE
#Nexus 7 2013
 
NVM5282
Old
#30  
NVM5282's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where troubles exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayenzel View Post
You guys are amazing. I've been searching for a long time to downgrade my Note 2 to Jellybean 4.1.2 .. I've been following the guide you guys told me and NOW my Note 2 running 4.1.2 without problem. I think you guys making a great job by sharing this information here. Thanks a lot.
cool . i think u will only suffer from the same problem i have which is the phone not charging when it's off , it shows grey battery loading and nothing happens , but otherwise everything is well
Owned Phones :

Nokia 6070 > Nokia 6600 > Samsung SGH-E200 > Nokia 5200 > Nokia 1200 > Nokia N86 8MP > Samsung galaxy star s5282 > Samsung galaxy Note II ( Current )

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes