Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q: rooting Huawei G535-L11 (kestrel from EE)

Tip us?
 
hemime
Old
#141  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought fastboot is only for flashing .img files. So flashing a .tar file would not work at all?!
 
Farmakon
Old
#142  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek d View Post

yeap, failed, that is why I have asked for another way to do it...
That's the very same error I get. Too many links after 25 - 26 seconds. The archive @rophaq uploaded is fine as I compared the MD5 hash.
I don't know what causes the error. Maybe try to flash the file though a usb cable with ferrite core.
Meanwhile, I'll try to compile the CWM.
 
marek d
Old
#143  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 28
Join Date: Mar 2011
Prompt re:::::::::............................. ....... ... .. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmakon View Post
That's the very same error I get. Too many links after 25 - 26 seconds. The archive @rophaq uploaded is fine as I compared the MD5 hash.
I don't know what causes the error. Maybe try to flash the file though a usb cable with ferrite core.
Meanwhile, I'll try to compile the CWM.
sideload...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sdd2.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (46.3 KB, 19 views)
 
hemime
Old
#144  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
Okay, as far as I know it has to be a system.img, zip or tar files are NOT flashable using fastboot
 
rophaq
Old
(Last edited by rophaq; 2nd September 2014 at 04:11 PM.)
#145  
rophaq's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 413
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: south bucks
Have you tried through recovery?. Update from SD (after putting the file on it)
Kestrel fromEE (Huawei G535-L11)
Bootloader Unlocked - now ROOTED with http://towelroot.com/
NO CUSTOM RECOVERY
 
Farmakon
Old
#146  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rophaq View Post
Have you tried through recovery?. Update from SD (after putting the file on it)
It's not flashable through OTA. Besides, nothing really seem to work through OTA. I don't know if it's bugged or else.
 
hemime
Old
#147  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
Is there a flash tool for EE Kestrel like SP Flash Tool for MTK devices?
 
Farmakon
Old
#148  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemime View Post
Is there a flash tool for EE Kestrel like SP Flash Tool for MTK devices?
Fastboot, and it's enough, we just don't have img files for the phone.
 
ArcticFox
Old
#149  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 117
Join Date: Mar 2006
How can I edit the build.prop, I've unlocked bootloader, the phone is rooted and I've tried remounting system as rw but it wont.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes