Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 41,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S Note for Windows - View, Create, & Sync with your Device

Tip us?

ferrnando
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm having problems with Windows 8 and Snote for PC too. Every time I try to create a note the app stop working and then I can't open it because the app begins to freeze. I've tried deleting the Snote files target in Documents and it works again but if I try to upload a file, sync with Samsung account or Evernote it begins to fail again even if I create a note it will freeze again on every run. Before it hangs I can see that the app begins to sync database and then stop working.

phyden
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Did you guys know this existed? Back when Samsung introduced the Ativ's there was a version of S Note that did a version check and only worked on Samsung PC's. Being able to share my device-created S Note's with my PC has been kind of a Holy Grail goal. Apparently Samsung listened. If this old news sorry, I must have been sleeping under a rock.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/snote/
Awesome find! Thanks man!

ferrnando
Old
(Last edited by ferrnando; 9th September 2014 at 08:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Hi phyden, what version of Windows do you use? 32 or 64 bits?

I'm trying to run Snote for PC but it doesn't work on my Windows 8 64 bits. Also I looked at the Samsung webpage that there is a new version that weights approximately 80mb the oldest version weights 136mb, the problem is that I tried it and didn't work . The program opens normally but when you try to create a note or import an Snote file the app freeze and force close. Maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? In the webpage of Samsung UK the app is listed as compatible with Windows 7 only, a month ago it was listed as compatible with Windows 7 and 8 but didn't work on my computer.

Thanks.

blindmanpb
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrnando View Post
Maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? In the webpage of Samsung UK the app is listed as compatible with Windows 7 only, a month ago it was listed as compatible with Windows 7 and 8 but didn't work on my computer.

Thanks.
The webpage lists Windows 7 as the MINIMUM supported operating system. It runs fine for me under Windows 8.1 64-bit. I can create and sync notes just fine.

cottino
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrnando View Post
Hi phyden, what version of Windows do you use? 32 or 64 bits?

I'm trying to run Snote for PC but it doesn't work on my Windows 8 64 bits. Also I looked at the Samsung webpage that there is a new version that weights approximately 80mb the oldest version weights 136mb, the problem is that I tried it and didn't work . The program opens normally but when you try to create a note or import an Snote file the app freeze and force close. Maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? In the webpage of Samsung UK the app is listed as compatible with Windows 7 only, a month ago it was listed as compatible with Windows 7 and 8 but didn't work on my computer.

Thanks.
same problem for me (win 7 x64)
but where is the new version of 80 mb?
Galaxy S I9000 +
Galaxy SII I9100 +
Galaxy SIII I9300 +
Galaxy S4 I9505 +
Galaxy S5 G900F