[ROM][UB][KitKat-Android-4.4.4][Official]Omnirom - nightly

OP walter79

12th August 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #531  
Thanks Meter: 115

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
so i returned back to omni and installed the latest nightly...

it turns out it still has the poweramp noise problem - has there not been a solution for it yet!?

would be happy to hear from you guys...

thanks
dan
The Following User Says Thank You to doenen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #532  
Flag Vinkovci
Thanks Meter: 13

112 posts
More
Hey guys, I have a few questions.
1) I just updated my ROM to the latest nightly using in-built OpenDelta updater (this is my first update since I'm using this ROM for 2 days only) and some of my apps like YouTube, Google Maps and Google Keep (and perhaps some others but I haven't noticed) got deleted. Does anyone know why this happened and how to prevent it? And it also enabled the apps which I've disabled previously?!
2) I think the updater downloaded the whole ROM (200+ mb size file on my SD card)...will it do it every time keep filling my memory up or just the first time?
3) Is the update zip/rom which I mentioned earlier also a backup of my system and apps or just a base for updates?
4) Is it better to update using in-built OpenDelta updater or using CyanDelta Updater from the playstore?
5) my calendar icon changed and the option to sync calendar is not present anymore under google sync options?!
Last edited by finac94; 12th August 2014 at 05:04 PM.
13th August 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #533  
Thanks Meter: 115

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
after some days of intense usage i can say the say the sound bug occured only very rarely. with the govenor set to interactive i didnt experience it once in a few hours of listening to music. battery life is decent, i would say a little less than debloated 4.1.2 which i was using before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finac94

Hey guys, I have a few questions.
1) I just updated my ROM to the latest nightly using in-built OpenDelta updater (this is my first update since I'm using this ROM for 2 days only) and some of my apps like YouTube, Google Maps and Google Keep (and perhaps some others but I haven't noticed) got deleted. Does anyone know why this happened and how to prevent it? And it also enabled the apps which I've disabled previously?!
2) I think the updater downloaded the whole ROM (200+ mb size file on my SD card)...will it do it every time keep filling my memory up or just the first time?
3) Is the update zip/rom which I mentioned earlier also a backup of my system and apps or just a base for updates?
4) Is it better to update using in-built OpenDelta updater or using CyanDelta Updater from the playstore?
5) my calendar icon changed and the option to sync calendar is not present anymore under google sync options?!

you do have a lot of questions. as mentioned to you before we recommend checking for the changelogs and not updating to every new nightly. major changes may happen only every 2 weeks, especially for our device. on the other hand, nightly are not at all required to be stable, they may not even boot if something goes really wrong. thus i wouldnt use any "updater app", read the changelogs regularly and, if new features or bugs are fixed, update manually by CWM. This also answers your 1) question. We cant tell you why some apps were deleted, but it will always enable and/or reinstall the standard system apps you disabled before. 2) it will always download a 200mb zip. 3) im not sure what you mean but the zip you download is never a backup of your data. backups are made through CWM or TWRP. please google and read by yourself. it is recommended to know what your doing at least with CWM or TWRP when you start using custom roms. 4) i told you in the first part. 5) lol
26th August 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #534  
Flag Pazardhik
Thanks Meter: 59

264 posts
More
The battery life for me is better than stock. Used the phone for music,facebook only on Wi-Fi and the results for me is very good.(Will test soon on 3G)
27th August 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #535  
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
Facebook is nog working since its last update. Neither is Aviate..
28th August 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #536  
Flag Vinkovci
Thanks Meter: 13

112 posts
More
Could somebody tell me the difference between normal nightlies and homebuilds? which one is more stable?
28th August 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #537  
Flag Corte
Thanks Meter: 630

1,762 posts
More
So, together with other cm based roms I have even on this rom the problem where bluetooth kills wifi connection.
As soon as my smartband is paired and connected to the phone, you can no longer access the internet
There's still the connected wifi icon though.

This may be or may not be linked with the bluetooth pairing problems mentioned in the OP.
Anyway, I'm still running this rom and I'm free 24/7 to take other logcats
Attached Files
File Type: zip omni logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (81.1 KB, 2 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mirhl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th September 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #538  
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
notes on 4.4.4-20140909 (nightly) after 2 days

pros
  • fast and smooth interaction, lean on memory
  • good battery life. I estimate (FWIW) it's even with stock without Stamina, etc.
  • clean, stock UI
  • clear incoming audio to earpiece, speakerphone, and Bluetooth headset.
  • camera's much faster than stock. Haven't compared quality, but there seems to be no image stabilization in the stock camera, Google camera, or Focal.
  • lots more

cons
  • Bluetooth needs to re-pair after reboot
  • handset mic & speakerphone mic outputs vary during calls. They're both sometimes very quiet (about 25%), while mic volume is normal over bluetooth headset.
  • while pausing netflix playback (in horizontal view), I accidentally triggered a soft reboot twice and it booted up with the display rotated 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the screen (screenshot attached). Perhaps swiping near the upper left corner of the screen causes this? Fixed by pulling battery.

I'm going to try CM / FXP next. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-09-23-18-42.png
Views:	126
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	2932749  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayarmstrong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #539  
Thanks Meter: 6

146 posts
More
good rom
but can you guys please provide an overclock gpu and cpu kernel ? please

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread