Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I root Verizon Note II 4.4.2 ND7?

Tip us?

japaneezy
Old
Thanks Meter 13
In the same boat here. Bought used, already updated. I didn't think there was an [upper class] Android device right now that couldn't be modified, so I didn't know to research first... I just came to the threads right before buying and saw the dev was booming so figured I was good.

Did VZ drop the ball here or are all carriers having this issues with the Note 2?
@beachbabyninja on instagram
Verizon HTC One
NuSenseSIX 4.4.2 Sense 6.0

XianLen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Root unavailable?

So basically I can't root the phone? I want to be able to use some apps that require root, is there a way to root without messing with the bootloader or not? Mobilodin maybe? I also have that 4.4.2 OTA nightmare. Thanks

Reilly1812
Old
Thanks Meter 122
There is no root.

25yvdgpo06
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1812 View Post
There is no root.
There is root now... At least, it works for me. I modified [source code based on] towelroot, fixed a few things for our phone, and called it GhettoRoot. No one has tested it except me.

Feel free to try it, usual warnings apply... Check my thread in the General forum. I can't link anything or post in the development forums.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 25yvdgpo06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nikitis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25yvdgpo06 View Post
There is root now... At least, it works for me. I modified [source code based on] towelroot, fixed a few things for our phone, and called it GhettoRoot. No one has tested it except me.

Feel free to try it, usual warnings apply... Check my thread in the General forum. I can't link anything or post in the development forums.
Its out now. Works like a charm. Just used it. I don't even have a carrier anymore. My note 2 is just an expensive skype phone, and I plan to redesign the looks of this rom.

Vernox701
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Ive been sitting in mj9 with root being apparent is the update worthwhile?

doctor-cool
Old
(Last edited by doctor-cool; 8th September 2014 at 04:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernox701 View Post
Ive been sitting in mj9 with root being apparent is the update worthwhile?
YES, most definitely, IMO, I don't have to upgrade to the note 4 ASAP now.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vernox701
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor-cool View Post
YES, most definitely, IMO, I don't have to upgrade to the note 4 ASP now.
Ok thanks I will take the ota and re root on 4.4.2 ....just havent heard anyone praising the upgrading

OdinsEyepatch
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Boo-tloader

Anyone devised a way to unlock this god forsaken bootloader? Verizon has overstepped their bounds imho. No 3rd party write access to sd? That's just ridiculous. Also, cyanogenmod would be great, but safestrap doesn't work now. Anyone have anything in the works? I would be willing to test anything available. I'm running I605VRUFND7 on the KOT49H kernel, and have plenty of experience with Odin, so no worries over bricking at the moment. Also, there is still a bounty out for anyone that can unlock it. Not so much a fortune, but imagine the fame? Thanks in advance.