Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

untra power saving mode crapped your phone after root fix

Tip us?

shortydoggg
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthomas129 View Post
Right now I'm not concerned with getting the download booster to work, only with getting my camera and browser back. So if I understand correctly, I can use this method to downgrade regardless of the bootloader version, and the browser and camera will then work, correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Yes, everything will work, plus you can always OTA afterwards so that all firmware versions match with the bootloader again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Remember, root is not responsible for what happens with your phone, You are.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrWhite1127
Old
Thanks Meter 83
This is being discussed in about four different threads.

1. Use the search button first.

2. Do not go crazy deleting and uninstalling apks just because you have root. With great power comes great responsibility.

3. DO NOT UNINSTALL any system core apps. Launcher, keyboard, etc.... It will cause the system to soft brick every single time.

UPS mode is like safe mode on a computer. It only loads the core files needed to run. That's how its able to conserve power. Now if you delete or freeze those files...it has nothing to load when it boots back up. Thus for the hanging and bootlooping etc.

I am running towel root and wanam and a few other root apps and I can boot into UPS mode just fine because I just removed the att bloat. Just pay attention when your digging through titanium back up and everything is gravy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrWhite1127 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1127 View Post
This is being discussed in about four different threads.

1. Use the search button first.

2. Do not go crazy deleting and uninstalling apks just because you have root. With great power comes great responsibility.

3. DO NOT UNINSTALL any system core apps. Launcher, keyboard, etc.... It will cause the system to soft brick every single time.

UPS mode is like safe mode on a computer. It only loads the core files needed to run. That's how its able to conserve power. Now if you delete or freeze those files...it has nothing to load when it boots back up. Thus for the hanging and bootlooping etc.

I am running towel root and wanam and a few other root apps and I can boot into UPS mode just fine because I just removed the att bloat. Just pay attention when your digging through titanium back up and everything is gravy.

Perfectly said. I agree 100%
If I've helped you in anyway, please hit the "Thanks Button".
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gainstatom
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Okay so I was checking on my tb to check what were frozen, and I saw that my launcher 1.0 was already frozen but I dont remember freezing it. I defrosted it and I want to make sure UPS works. Now that's its defrosted can i go into UPS and wont be stuck on At&t logo? I also uninstalled all the at&t and google bloatware. I froze the samsung stuff though, such as the Isis wallet and the printer plugin just in case.

MrWhite1127
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainstatom View Post
Okay so I was checking on my tb to check what were frozen, and I saw that my launcher 1.0 was already frozen but I dont remember freezing it. I defrosted it and I want to make sure UPS works. Now that's its defrosted can i go into UPS and wont be stuck on At&t logo? I also uninstalled all the at&t and google bloatware. I froze the samsung stuff though, such as the Isis wallet and the printer plugin just in case.
If it's frozen your good. Just make sure it's not deleted. And I would just leave it untouched. Make sure all the core apps...launcher, keyboard, etc are not touched and you should be gravy

Sent from my Towel rooted S5

gainstatom
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I just defrosted it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

gainstatom
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Do I have to keep trying BL even though it fails all the time?

shortydoggg
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainstatom View Post
Do I have to keep trying BL even though it fails all the time?
No, it'll never work.

plumpkinstew
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I am having no luck flashing anything thru odin. After extracting all the files, the AP file md5 check fails every time. Odin will not take file. Stuck on "firmware upgrede encountered a problem. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again". Also, I can only boot into download mode and CANNOT boot into recovery mode. Any help is appreciated.

norbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Do not flash BL file (bootloader) and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app