Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,934 Members 51,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken Chariging Port

Tip us?

FrozenPanda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Broken Chariging Port

The charging port on my TF201 has broken. It's not charging when plugged into the wall or the computer and the cable is brand new. Has anybody else had this issue? Is there a fix for it other than sending it back to ASUS? My tablet is well over 2 years old and is not covered by warranty and they are asking well over $100 for the repair.

xxbeanxx
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Same problem. The device charges only when powered down.. Try that.

This tablet is the worst piece of hardware I've ever bought.

zdebel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried holding it on the charger for like 20 hours? I have an issue, where I have 3 original chargers, but none enter the 15V charging mode, they only stick in the 5V mode (lower current, slower charging, just like from a PC). What I did, was I took a random 15V DC brick (at least 1.2A current rating) and hooked up a usb socket into which I input the original asus cable. The LED on the power button lights up, and the tablet charges quickly. So far I've been unable to diagnose why the original ones don't enter the 15V mode - my best guess is the cables I have are sucky, and the pin that tells the charger to go into the higher voltage mode is broken.