Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][Unofficial]Pimped Kernel - Z1 port [2014-07-09]

Tip us?
 
blueether
Old
#191  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,151
Posts: 2,653
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3mn3y View Post
I understand that as z1 one pimped kernel wont be (probably) uodated u wont continue porting?
I dont see need for anything as this kernel works fine and have so many features that i cant count all of them and of course i dont ask for any uodate informations as everything is fine (for now ofc)

Edit: no need for answer i read your last post in z1 thread

Sent using TF300T - CyanogenMod 11.0/GEASS (F2FS)
As I said in the Z1 thread, The only updates that I'll probably do to this is merge in CM11 updates, but I will try and keep it going for as long as I can - I'm not a kernel developer that's for sure.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dbolivar
Old
#192  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 310
Posts: 272
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Default Disable dt2w

Testing the kernel with the newest Carbon build (which is excellent, but will give proper feedback later in the respective thread). So far very good performance and didn't find any bugs, but will test more.

Just one thing: how can I disable the doubletap2wake? There's nothing in /sys anymore (searched for *dt*, *double*, *tap*, *wake*). I don't really care for this feature, since it's not 100% realiable, and I suspect it drains the battery a little faster. If it's impossible to disable at runtime... Can I ask for a version without this feature?

Thanks!
 
blueether
Old
#193  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,151
Posts: 2,653
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbolivar View Post
Testing the kernel with the newest Carbon build (which is excellent, but will give proper feedback later in the respective thread). So far very good performance and didn't find any bugs, but will test more.

Just one thing: how can I disable the doubletap2wake? There's nothing in /sys anymore (searched for *dt*, *double*, *tap*, *wake*). I don't really care for this feature, since it's not 100% realiable, and I suspect it drains the battery a little faster. If it's impossible to disable at runtime... Can I ask for a version without this feature?

Thanks!
From the carbon thread:
Quote:
Disable DT2W:
In terminal write: su -c "echo 0 > /sys/android_dt2w/dt2w_active"

After reboot DT2W will be activated again. If you want to make it disabled by default add the above init.d script!
or did I take that out to rewrite it??? I think I did...


Yes I removed almost all of what reaper61616 had written when they threw their toys out of the pram when someone used their GPL code within the rules of the copyright, I should just include it as it was/is available in the nexus kernels by showp1984.

I don't think it uses much power at all, my test device (broken sim reader) can have 20+ days uptime with it enabled
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dbolivar
Old
#194  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 310
Posts: 272
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Yes I removed almost all of what reaper61616 had written when they threw their toys out of the pram when someone used their GPL code within the rules of the copyright, I should just include it as it was/is available in the nexus kernels by showp1984.

I don't think it uses much power at all, my test device (broken sim reader) can have 20+ days uptime with it enabled
OK thanks, in fact since I couldn't turn it on and off, I can't tell for sure if it's really draining the battery. I just noticed a slightly higher consumption, but it can be anything kernel-related (governor, I/O scheduler etc.).

Just one thing that's still there: impossible to turn off the device, it just reboots. I don't recall if there is any workaround for it, is there?
 
blueether
Old
#195  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,151
Posts: 2,653
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbolivar View Post
OK thanks, in fact since I couldn't turn it on and off, I can't tell for sure if it's really draining the battery. I just noticed a slightly higher consumption, but it can be anything kernel-related (governor, I/O scheduler etc.).

Just one thing that's still there: impossible to turn off the device, it just reboots. I don't recall if there is any workaround for it, is there?
I think it was fixed in the last Z1 release, but I merged in the 4.4.4 kernel before Androguide.fr had on the Z1 so I haven't picked up that fix. I should rebase to his release
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes