Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from talkingmonkeys: 2.3.2 is in the OP. Update for 3minit battery settings app is in the OP also

[ROM] TMS3KK 2.3.2 NE4 | TW4.4.2 | (589 mb) [8-24-14]

Tip us?
 
number84
Old
#1171  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 45
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingmonkeys View Post
Not entirely sure if this will work without causing any other issues but take the zip on a pc and remove this file. system/etc/apns-conf.xml
Alternatively, could I just edit that file and remove the APN that's causing me problems before I install the ROM?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
 
DocHoliday77
Old
#1172  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,936
Posts: 8,596
Join Date: May 2011
Location: HuntsVegas!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
You could try. But I think removing the file itself would be easier. Otherwise it might default to a secondary APN. Or it might not. That's up to you what you want to try first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
9steele9
Old
#1173  
9steele9's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Apr 2013
about a month ago I was using an older version of this rom(not sure which version) and i turned my phone on and got an error stating internal partition had been corrupted... hopefully it's fixed now, switched to MIUI for a while but the bluetooth is a little buggy so ill give this another shot.
 
talkingmonkeys
Old
(Last edited by talkingmonkeys; 7th September 2014 at 08:47 AM.)
#1174  
talkingmonkeys's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,969
Posts: 1,517
Join Date: May 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Update 3minit Battery Settings app. I made this updater-script to update this and make it work properly. Let me know if anything went wrong. I was assured it works correctly finally after 5 attempts. Flash in recovery and wipe cache and dalvik afterwards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pisu50k0i4...ateS3.zip?dl=0

Thank you mholloway for testing this.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to talkingmonkeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
heathroi
Old
#1175  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 250
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingmonkeys View Post
Update 3minit Battery Settings app. I made this updater-script to update this and make it work properly. Let me know if anything went wrong. I was assured it works correctly finally after 5 attempts. Flash in recovery and wipe cache and dalvik afterwards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pisu50k0i4...ateS3.zip?dl=0
seems to work ok good work.
 
Shels
Old
#1176  
Shels's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 431
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hey does anyone know how to switch back to the original launcher after flashing the s5 from the box? I like it compared to the original but eats too much memory or does anyone know how to lessen the drain?
 
DocHoliday77
Old
#1177  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,936
Posts: 8,596
Join Date: May 2011
Location: HuntsVegas!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
Reflashing the rom is probably the easiest way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Shels
Old
#1178  
Shels's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 431
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Reflashing the rom is probably the easiest way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Found the stock revert thanks tho
 
kinggame992000
Old
#1179  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 152
Join Date: May 2012
I'm sorry if what I am going to ask already asked but I do a full clean install but can't download or update with play store. It say can not reach server or some like that. Second I used to have older version of this ROM that work for mirror screen to chromecast. After install this. Every time I try it said Google play service force close or just not working at all please help. At least show me how to fix the play store problem cause I already delete the older but working version of this ROM.only got 2.3.2 at hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
i897 Samsung Captivate with Captivating Rom by Shephi

Nexus 7 with SaberMod rom by Sparkco
 
tallsilver
Old
#1180  
tallsilver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 803
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Conway, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggame992000 View Post
I'm sorry if what I am going to ask already asked but I do a full clean install but can't download or update with play store. It say can not reach server or some like that. Second I used to have older version of this ROM that work for mirror screen to chromecast. After install this. Every time I try it said Google play service force close or just not working at all please help. At least show me how to fix the play store problem cause I already delete the older but working version of this ROM.only got 2.3.2 at hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
I have luck with this by clearing data for play store and rebooting.......good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Ever Changing ROMs

Samsung Galaxy S 3

The Following User Says Thank You to tallsilver For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
kitkat aosp theme, tms3, tw 4.3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes