Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Motorola Solutions TC55

OP Elanguescence

18th April 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Motorola work on google apps for TC55.There is in beta.
The Following User Says Thank You to woolx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanguescence

... here are two things I found so far:

• It does not come with any Google apps: no Maps, no Gmail, no Play store and so on.
  • It is easily rooted with Framaroot using the Gandalf exploit.

(I cannot post this info into the Framaroot thread due to my low post count).

Anyway, maybe this helps someone. I will be happy to try to answer any questions about the TC55, but keep in mind I am no pro and I am not keen in messing around in its internals much more than I have done already.

Obviously u rooted, can u install gapps in it?
9th May 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjCode

Obviously u rooted, can u install gapps in it?

No idea, I haven't tried. As far as I understand gapps are usually installed via flashing a zip from recovery, and the stock recovery of the TC55 does not have that option, it only allows reflashing a whole image, if I understand it correctly. Either way, I have come to appreciate the open source alternatives and do not want to get Google on my phone, so I will not try, sorry.

However, going by this thread over at the Motorola support forum, it seems it won't take long until there is official gapps support:
https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/thread/4989
3rd June 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Motorola has now released a TC55-firmware with Google apps. Here are the release notes:
https://atgsupportcentral.motorolasolutions.com/content/emb/docs/ReleaseNotes/Release%20Notes%20-%20%20TC55_RevAPlus_GMS_01%2074G_v10.htm

According to the support email they sent me, to get the actual release you need to perform the following arcane ritual:

Quote:

Resolution Type is : Software Download
Resolution Id is  : 95562
Resolution Title is : TC55 Update Image v1.74 with GMS (Google Mobile Service) Release Note & Factory Reset & Enterprise Enabler package

restrictedSW :
T55N0JGMVRUEN17400.zip 321 MB TC55 OS Recovery Update package
T55N0JGMVAUEN17400.apf 321 MB TC55 OS update package file for deployment using MSP

If you require access to OS files for TC55 1.74 GMS then call the local Support Desk and provide following information:
a. Site ID
b. Serial #(s)
c. Phone #
d. Customer name (First and Last)
e. E-mail address

Don't ask me what the local support desk number is, or the site ID, or why they have to make this so complicated.
16th July 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #15  

1 posts
Hi Elanguescence,

I think I screwed up my tc55 by enabling the multiuser function without first creating the white list. Now all the users (with admin rights) does not have access to all the programs, including Applock Administrator and Multiuser administrator.

To cut things short, do you know of a way to reset the device? I don't mind setting it to factory default and start over. I've googled it and some said to launch Rapid Deployment and scan a barcode from there... but my Rapid Deployment just says "Service Not Ready, Please Wait" and get stuck there.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.
13th September 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 5

117 posts
More
Any TC55 users here? Should be getting my unit w/ GMS soon... How do you guys like it?

Is the bootloader locked?

Sent from my Moto X
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread