Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony DK32 Dock - nice, simple and expensive...

Tip us?

ninehneh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default covers that work with DK32

i also got this dock recently. Love the magnetic charging. Agreed it charges quite fast and has a good solid connection.

Have tested with the inserts and some covers.

The slimmest insert is for phone without case (screen protectors are fine) and will fit nicely.

The 2nd insert allows for thin cases - like the elecom ones http://www.elecom.com.tw/prod-1.asp?id=2115. These will fit without removing the cover.

alternately, you could use it without inserts - but i found it does not hold the phone well. Maybe a simple DIY hack ( stick a flat lego brick or something at the back ) may help a better fit.

GethPrime
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,176

DONATE TO ME
I got myself one of these noname docks for 5 USD like 2 months ago, works perfectly fine with Z1C. Even the usb passthrough charging works fine.
My devices:
  • Xperia X8 ➜ CM7 ➜ nAa kernel
  • Xperia Ray ➜ CM10.1 ➜ nAa 3.4 kernel
  • Xperia U ➜ CM10.1 ➜ Unknown kernel
  • Xperia Arc S ➜ CM10.2 ➜ nAa 3.4 kernel
  • Nexus 7 ➜ AOKP ➜ M-Kernel
  • Xperia C ➜ Stock ➜ Stock kernel
  • Xperia Z1 Compact ➜ Stock ➜ Stock Kernel
Socialize with me:
Add me on Facebook.
Subscribe to my youtube channel.
If you like my work please consider donating.

His Dudeness
Old
(Last edited by His Dudeness; 6th August 2014 at 03:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Well, seems the good old DK31 do the magic too.
Take a look at this thread:
Found a dock that works with the Z1 Compact
The Following User Says Thank You to His Dudeness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sunflowerset
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone experienced StartingDockService wakelock using the magnetic charger?

seems this keeps my phone awake after unplugging... running kitslim though

rebecker
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninehneh View Post
The 2nd insert allows for thin cases - like the elecom ones http://www.elecom.com.tw/prod-1.asp?id=2115. These will fit without removing the cover.
I know this is off topic, but are Elecom cases for the Z1C available in the US?
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact :: Android 4.4.4

fritsprive
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default dk32

I have bought the original dk32 from the sony webshop for 3 reasons:

1. I live in Colombia and unfortunately i had my share of shipments getting robb....ehh lost during the trip. After contact with Sony Colombia they promised me that will not happen with them or they will send new one without problem.
2. I am a little afraid for damaging my phone with non original cables, chargers etcétera or burning down my house and the side effect that i read about the slow charging.
3. I like the design that i can see a movie or something during charging.

I hope it will arrive son, it was ridiculous expensive in my opinión, 89.000 pesos, approx 50 dollars, but at least the shipment is free.

fritsprive
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritsprive View Post
I have bought the original dk32 from the sony webshop for 3 reasons:

1. I live in Colombia and unfortunately i had my share of shipments getting robb....ehh lost during the trip. After contact with Sony Colombia they promised me that will not happen with them or they will send new one without problem.
2. I am a little afraid for damaging my phone with non original cables, chargers etcétera or burning down my house and the side effect that i read about the slow charging.
3. I like the design that i can see a movie or something during charging.

I hope it will arrive son, it was ridiculous expensive in my opinión, 89.000 pesos, approx 50 dollars, but at least the shipment is free.
Update:
It did arrive fast as promised (good service Sony Colombia) and works excellent.
It´s a bit of a hassle to put the phone at the exact spot of the magnets, never get it right like inserting an USB plug .

Charges equally fast as charging via USB port and works fine with Smart Connect app and Daydream setting, just loving it.
Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia ZR, Xperia SP, BB 9360, HTC TyTN II, HTC TyTN, Qtek 9000, Nokia 6630, Nokia 6600, Palm