Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z2 Battery Performance

Tip us?

nourzoukar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Battery Low Still not sure

Guys the max battery life I get is 2 days and 3 hours with about 5.30 min SOT normal to light use , or 17 hours with about 8.30 SOT heavy use mostly watching movies.

I use eXistenZ Ultimate 2.0.0 with doom kernel undervolted by -48 volts, and greenfied a lot of apps

Is this ok....I feel like all the people are getting more life time out of theirs Z2

angel_salam
Old
(Last edited by angel_salam; 12th September 2014 at 11:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
My battery life from yesterday.
14h battery life with 11h of screen on time.
My settings:
Minimum brightness as much as possible, only on auto when outside
Xreality off (don't like how it oversatured colors)
All music enhancement off (il like to listen to my music as it was meant to be by the creator :P plus it reduce power consumption! Double win hehehe)
Stamina with restricted performance when battery reach 40% (i'll explain what this setting do and how I use it later on my post)
And no custom rom or kernel, all stock with the last 314.

My use from yesterday
40min of call
4h of video playback (on streaming, with youtube and other apps)
Whatsapp and viber all day long
A couple of photo with 8mp manual mod
And internet browsing,fcbk,twitter etc all the rest of the time.
So... THIS PHONE ROCKSSSSS

Usually I get most of the time at least 8-9h of SOT time with 18-24h battery life, and I am a heavy user.
When I play game's like injustice or real racing I just activate restricted performance (under stamina settings), on this mod CPU governor change to a more conservative on and framerate is limited at 45fps (this is more than enough for a mobile game) and this prevent the phone from overheating!!
I also do that when I watch movies (movies and videos are at 24fps so you won't see any stutters or lags, and this with xreality off really improve power consumption, I lost barely 5-6% on 1h of streaming video!!)
I think that with this kind of battery life no need to mod or unlock this phone

hope I can help people getting a better battery life by sharing my founds and my settings and sorry for my english
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angel_salam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Haldi4803
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Mostly Standby!
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1410598825379.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  34.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1410598834291.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  47.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1410598851521.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  37.3 KB

dryspuri
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_salam View Post
My battery life from yesterday.
14h battery life with 11h of screen on time.
My settings:
Minimum brightness as much as possible, only on auto when outside
Xreality off (don't like how it oversatured colors)
All music enhancement off (il like to listen to my music as it was meant to be by the creator :P plus it reduce power consumption! Double win hehehe)
Stamina with restricted performance when battery reach 40% (i'll explain what this setting do and how I use it later on my post)
And no custom rom or kernel, all stock with the last 314.

My use from yesterday
40min of call
4h of video playback (on streaming, with youtube and other apps)
Whatsapp and viber all day long
A couple of photo with 8mp manual mod
And internet browsing,fcbk,twitter etc all the rest of the time.
So... THIS PHONE ROCKSSSSS

Usually I get most of the time at least 8-9h of SOT time with 18-24h battery life, and I am a heavy user.
When I play game's like injustice or real racing I just activate restricted performance (under stamina settings), on this mod CPU governor change to a more conservative on and framerate is limited at 45fps (this is more than enough for a mobile game) and this prevent the phone from overheating!!
I also do that when I watch movies (movies and videos are at 24fps so you won't see any stutters or lags, and this with xreality off really improve power consumption, I lost barely 5-6% on 1h of streaming video!!)
I think that with this kind of battery life no need to mod or unlock this phone

hope I can help people getting a better battery life by sharing my founds and my settings and sorry for my english
What is restricted performance! where do i find it in setting, I cant seem to find one, can you do screenshot please
Please Press Thanks If I have helped you

HTC One Silver
S-off
SuperCID>>>>>>
Galaxy S4 ( sold as locked boot loader/whatever additional KNOX security s**t by sammy)>>>>>>>>
LG G2 (Amazing battery, but no support from LG and awful looking icons, no boot loader unlock)>>>>>>>
Nexus 5 Black 16 gb>>>>>>
NExus 5 White 32 gb ( waiting for it to reach me) (could not wait to try ART)

angel_salam
Old
Thanks Meter 17
In settings, go under "power management", click on stamina, scroll down and click on "restricted performance" (I don't know the exact translation because mine is in french)
When this mod is selected to reduce power usage it use a more conservative cpu governor et limit screen framerate to 45fps (perfect for gaming and watch some videos without heat and battery drain!)
Ps: when you select that mod your have to turn off you screen and turn it back on to take effect! Hope this may help you.
I don't know how to post screenshots here :/

Sorry for my english

Jiyeon90
Old
(Last edited by Jiyeon90; 13th September 2014 at 05:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 154
The battery in this thing is unreal 😨
I was on 3G all day

And the Z3 is supposed to have a more power efficient screen so the battery in that phone will be out of this world [emoji33] [emoji33]

Sent from my Xperia Z2