OP zounduser

17th May 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag sioux falls SD
Thanks Meter: 1,547

4,847 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, my girl wants to move from Verizon to straight talk. She paid for the phone right out, so that she wouldn't have to renew the contract. I use straight talk, and have for 3 years now. So I know how to set up the phone with the apn settings and all.

Anyways, I've got it all set up, and everything is working great, except mms picture messages.

If anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment.

If u don't have anything nice to say, please don't even comment.

Thanks guys

Zounduser

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to zounduser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser

Hey guys, my girl wants to move from Verizon to straight talk. She paid for the phone right out, so that she wouldn't have to renew the contract. I use straight talk, and have for 3 years now. So I know how to set up the phone with the apn settings and all.

Anyways, I've got it all set up, and everything is working great, except mms picture messages.

If anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment.

If u don't have anything nice to say, please don't even comment.

Thanks guys

Zounduser

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you're using Google Hangouts (which i would HIGHLY recommend) It has its own APN settings that you'll need to change which should fix your issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Travisholt92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Thumbs up Does non-VZW SIM work out of the Box on VZW S5?
Does non-VZW SIM, example StraightTalk, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. work in VZW S5 with carrier APN? I'm expecting to only get H or H+ speeds.

Please provide feedback if you have tried it. I know VZW S4 works on other carriers out of box.

Thanks,
4th September 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag palmyra
Thanks Meter: 17

160 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by istundra

Does non-VZW SIM, example StraightTalk, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. work in VZW S5 with carrier APN? I'm expecting to only get H or H+ speeds.

Please provide feedback if you have tried it. I know VZW S4 works on other carriers out of box.

Thanks,

my s5 gives me the sim error(unknown source) for at&t straight talk but it works with t-mobile,i dont use straight talk i flashed mine to page plus but id figure id give u what my outcome was with at&t straight talk sim was
14th September 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Same Sim Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdan30

my s5 gives me the sim error(unknown source) for at&t straight talk but it works with t-mobile,i dont use straight talk i flashed mine to page plus but id figure id give u what my outcome was with at&t straight talk sim was

Im currently having this same issue. Ever since the update 4.4.4 im also having data issues. One min all my phone is getting is H, H+ then ill get LTE until I get a phone call then after I hang up ill lose data for maybe 25-30 secs then it comes back as E, G, then back to H, H+ then finally go back to LTE about 5 mins later. Not sure what is up with that and how to fix this problem. I have factory reset the phone and tinkered with the APN settings. I bought my phone off eBay its a Verizon S5 said it was unlocked but figured since its unlocked I wouldn't have any problem just switching out sim card to S5. Im almost to point in selling my Verizon S5 and just buy a ATT S5 figured I wouldn't have any problems since straight talk is a ATT sim anyways.
Last edited by Vlosaloty; 14th September 2014 at 02:57 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread