Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 updates on the wayy!!

Tip us?

ycats
Old
Thanks Meter 131
51101 is the latest prl............been out for awhile.
Phone history - Ericsson cf688, Samsung T1100, Kyocera 6035 (2), Samsung i300, Treo 300, Samsung i500, Treo 600, Hitachi G1000, PPC-6600, PPC-6700 (2), Samsung IP830W (2), Treo 700wx, HTC-Mogul, HTC Touch (2), HTC Touch Pro (4), HTC Touch Pro2 (2), HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy Note-2, Samsung Galaxy Note-3, HTC One M8.
The Following User Says Thank You to ycats For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marthyatt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC one m8 sprint

I have a couple questions about my HTC one m8 sprint HARMAN KARDON edition. I came here because I couldn't find answers on other places.
1- I received a brand new m8 free of charge from HTC to test and review. It has never been activated. I received it shortly after the introduction. It's no a contract phone. It's a No Contract phone but I can't ACTIVATE it with any other provider except sprint. I unlocked and rooted it using HTC Dev site with a code from HTC. I live in an area where Verizon is King and provides the best coverage. I also have always been a Verizon client since the intro of the company.
2- I have an update that has to to with connectivity and internet calling, etc. The phone is at least partially rooted, therefore I can't update. The S is on. I can't get it to S Off. I'm thinking of unrooting and unlocking it for this latest update. I would love to be able to activate it. I really love this phone. I love all HTC software and Sense 6. What would you do? Keep it rooted and unlocked?

thoughtlesskyle
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthyatt View Post
I have a couple questions about my HTC one m8 sprint HARMAN KARDON edition. I came here because I couldn't find answers on other places.
1- I received a brand new m8 free of charge from HTC to test and review. It has never been activated. I received it shortly after the introduction. It's no a contract phone. It's a No Contract phone but I can't ACTIVATE it with any other provider except sprint. I unlocked and rooted it using HTC Dev site with a code from HTC. I live in an area where Verizon is King and provides the best coverage. I also have always been a Verizon client since the intro of the company.
2- I have an update that has to to with connectivity and internet calling, etc. The phone is at least partially rooted, therefore I can't update. The S is on. I can't get it to S Off. I'm thinking of unrooting and unlocking it for this latest update. I would love to be able to activate it. I really love this phone. I love all HTC software and Sense 6. What would you do? Keep it rooted and unlocked?
Short answer is you'll never be able to use that phone on Verizon

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork - john wooden

If you want to Donate, my link is here