FYI.: Here is a new great Xposed Mod (root only)
Requires Xposed Framework & S-View Mods for Note 3 module.S-View Mods for Note 3 is a collection of modifications for the Note 3's S-View screen. These modifications are only compatible with a Note 3 running KitKat.
* Background: custom background image, solid color
* Animated time changes
* Change text colors
* Music player to use (Google Play Music, PowerAMP, Spotify for metadata, others for controls).
* Use blurred album art as background for S-View screen when music is playing from supported players.
* Add up to 6 contact shortcuts, apps or other shortcut functions may be added later.
* Secure notifications: you can now see call and SMS notifications when the screen is password locked.
- Write external storage: save the custom background after it's cropped.
- Read contacts: for quick dial shortcuts.
i tried your tutorial on my Galaxy Note 3 Neo N750, i'm on stock 4.2
when i just rename SViewCoverService.apk to SViewCoverService.apk.bak, i only got black screen..
but when i also rename SViewCoverService.odex to SViewCoverService.odex.bak, i got set s-view color (just hang there)
i guess this doesn't work on N750..or maybe i'm doing something wrong?