[ROM][GPL]Clean_Cm_7.2[26-05-2014]

OP Wooaarr

13th August 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooaarr

I used Adfree from BigTinCan to update the hosts file.

this one i suppose.
i will check it out.
i think the best (least resource-hungry) would be to update the hosts file only manually. those ad-spammers are inventing new domains all the time, but there's no need to run a daemon for that.
Quote:

Of course, everything that contains a Google in it's name is safe to remove. Have a look at this.

thanks.
took me a while to realise i had to install another app to remove system apps.
now i'm happy.
btw, this list you linked, does that mean that other (default install) apps are NOT safe to remove? there was a few that still caught my eye, e.g. that drm-content thing...
13th August 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #102  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonot

this one i suppose.
i will check it out.
i think the best (least resource-hungry) would be to update the hosts file only manually. those ad-spammers are inventing new domains all the time, but there's no need to run a daemon for that.
thanks.
took me a while to realise i had to install another app to remove system apps.
now i'm happy.
btw, this list you linked, does that mean that other (default install) apps are NOT safe to remove? there was a few that still caught my eye, e.g. that drm-content thing...

You can disable the auto update function in adfree, that's what I did. This way it will not run, unless you want to update the hosts file.

Theoretically you can delete nearly every .apk in /system, but like I wrote, you will need some for a functional phone. Take systemui.apk for example. It is fine to remove, but you will lose the statusbar. But this doesn't render your phone useless.
Same is true for most of the other apps.
Deleting the drm related apk will stop you from using any drm protected content. If you don't need it, delete it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wooaarr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 19

218 posts
More
Im using your ROM for daily use for almost 5months now, is there any way to change the soft button design?
14th September 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #104  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonalddean

Im using your ROM for daily use for almost 5months now, is there any way to change the soft button design?

I just enabled the included CM 7.2 soft buttons. I don't know if there is a navigation bar mod ala ICS for CyanogenMod 7.2.

A different alternative for you might be Button Saviour or a similar app. You can find it on the Playstore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread