OP marcussmith2626

27th May 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,577

4,780 posts
Ril Files To Fix Loss Of IMEI
Due To Wrong Kernel/Firmware Combo

I constantly see people saying they have lost their IMEI after flashing a custom rom so here is why

If you are using a new firmware baseband which stock kernel uses the new ramdisk and then you either

Flash a custom rom based on old firmware that had a kernel that used an old ramdisk
Flash a kernel that uses the old ramdisk
All the above reversed

You will loose imei

The solution is simply to flash the correct ril file depending on your kernel/rom/baseband combination

If you are on a new firmware using an old kernel you will most likely need to flash Ril 3 but you can try them all

Please dont post things saying which one will I need - try them all if you want - Anyone who posts asking which one do I need will be told to read the first post

If none work you will have to change your kernel/stock rom baseband

These are for stock based roms only - There is no need to change ril file on cm7/9 as you will be using biels kernel and rom - If you loose imei there change your stock firmware baseband

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ril_1_XXMK1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (350.6 KB, 593 views)
File Type: zip Ril_2_DDMD1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (350.6 KB, 481 views)
File Type: zip Ril_3_Old_Firmware.zip - [Click for QR Code] (350.5 KB, 645 views)
File Type: zip Ril_4_DDMJ1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (350.6 KB, 537 views)
Last edited by marcussmith2626; 27th May 2014 at 10:35 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 63

498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

I constantly see people saying they have lost their IMEI after flashing a custom rom so here is why

If you are using a new firmware baseband which stock kernel uses the new ramdisk and then you either

Flash a custom rom based on old firmware that had a kernel that used an old ramdisk
All the above reversed

You will loose imei

The solution is simply to flash the correct ril file depending on your kernel/rom/baseband combination

If you are on a new firmware using an old kernel you will most likely need to flash Ril 3 but you can try them all

Please dont post things saying which one will I need - try them all if you want - Anyone who posts asking which one do I need will be told to read the first post

These are for stock based roms only - There is no need to change ril file on cm7/9 as you will be using biels kernel and rom - If you loose imei there change your stock firmware baseband

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart

nice job...thats the one i needed
Last edited by Himan Boro; 27th May 2014 at 11:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Himan Boro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag London

4,780 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan Boro

nice job...thats the one i needed

please remove/hide the entire quote of the first post
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Quote:

All the above reversed

You will loose imei

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart

No working in my SGY!!! Solution for my!!! Pleace!!!

Sent from my T1J using XDA Free mobile app
4th September 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
SOMEWHERE IN INDIA
Thanks Meter: 46

195 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darw93

first tell about your current rom , your kernel....then we can say anything....
5th September 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag London

4,780 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darw93

Read the first thread fully!!

it will work if you follow all instructions - including using the correct firmware/baseband with your kernel (the kernel MUST be for stock roms) and is for stock roms only!!
14th September 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:

All the above reversed

You will loose imei

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart

i have this.... what should i do next do i have to flash rill to get my imei "not registered on network"syndrome?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
imei, imei blank, lost imei, ril, ril fix
Previous Thread Next Thread