Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 44,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom Android app for Casio BLE watches

Tip us?

masterjc13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus72 View Post
Thank you so much and good work.

I managed to run both GShock+ and BW so I have all the original features and the BW advanced options. [emoji2]
If someone want to use both the applications at the same time you have to:

- enable bluetooth in the phone
- enable bluetooth in the watch
- open GShock+ and connect with the watch
- disable calls notification in GShock+
- open BW
- disable bluetooth in the watch
- enable bluetooth in the watch
- connect BW with the watch

GShock+ will reconnect with the watch automatically.

With all these steps is working fine for me. Sometime is not working but you have only to try again from the first step.[emoji6]

Inviato dal mio LG-G2 utilizzando Tapatalk
In this post you can find more instructions about connecting both applications too. It was reproduced and explained before!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=128

jpdraw
Old
(Last edited by jpdraw; 6th September 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem, not getting notifications

Hi MasterJC,

Thanks for the app and your effort. I have a note 3 (4.4.2) and gb-5600b, I can pair them well and I can see my watch in BW.I can send a test and I am notify when someone call.However, when I add any of the generic app to get a notification, I do not get them (I have tried, Gmail, SMS and Calendar). BTW, I can receive SMS and emails with the G-shock+ app.
I really want to be able to use yours, what can I do to help you helping me with this?
Muchas Gracias!

JP

Claus72
Old
Thanks Meter 69
In the last few days I have had some connection problem with BW.
I redid the bluetooth connection but it is not like before, now I have to do at least 10 attempts before it connects with BW.
With Shock +, however, it works well.
Imate K-Jam ---> HTC TYTN ---> HTC TYTN II ---> HTC Diamond ---> HTC Diamond II ---> HTC HD2 ---> Samsung Galaxy R ---> Google Nexus 4 --> LG G2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi --> Asus MeMO Pad Smart 10"

jpdraw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdraw View Post
Hi MasterJC,

Thanks for the app and your effort. I have a note 3 (4.4.2) and gb-5600b, I can pair them well and I can see my watch in BW.I can send a test and I am notify when someone call.However, when I add any of the generic app to get a notification, I do not get them (I have tried, Gmail, SMS and Calendar). BTW, I can receive SMS and emails with the G-shock+ app.
I really want to be able to use yours, what can I do to help you helping me with this?
Muchas Gracias!

JP
Hi all,
I fixed my problem, I just needed to restart the phone, after that I was able to get the messages as well.
By the way, just in case this helps someone, I notice that if you do not put any prefix, you get the name of the application that is sending the notification, for example messages, or evolvesms, but not name of the sender. As soon as I added a prefix, I got the name of the the sender.
So may be, you want to consider to put a space by default in the prefix field so in this way this get solve.

Cheers and great app.

JP

jpdraw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Email notification problem

Dear MasterJC,

Now that I can get notifications, I realised that the email notification may have a problem. If I receive 1 email, I get the senders name, if I do not read that email and I get another email lets say 5 min later, I get now a notification that I have 2 emails. Not sender name in the second email. I think that we should always get the sender name, because indeed I want to use my watch to see if I should read the email or not.

The other funny thing, is that if lets say I got 3 email, so my watch indicates that I have 3 messages and I go an read 1 of them, I get another notification saying that I have 2 messages.

I can replicate this behaviour every time.

Hope this help to make BW even better.

Cheers
JP

hollywoodb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your work on this. I am considering purchasing a STB-1000-1CF to pair with BW and my Nexus 4, but I have one question: Are music controls working or are they being worked on? One of the primary features I'm interested in is being able to skip tracks and possibly adjust volume using the watch.

Again, thanks!

LittleBizkit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow i'm very impressed that someone is working on this! i would like to buy a Casio G-Shock GB-6900A in white because its chaper than B, but i miss the function to control the music player on the phone. Maybe there is a possibility to make it work with the A models? I'm also an Android developer and maybe i could help you to develope this app because i see that there is very much potential in it

Claus72
Old
Thanks Meter 69
I can't wait for BW 0.4 version.

Inviato dal mio LG-G2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Imate K-Jam ---> HTC TYTN ---> HTC TYTN II ---> HTC Diamond ---> HTC Diamond II ---> HTC HD2 ---> Samsung Galaxy R ---> Google Nexus 4 --> LG G2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi --> Asus MeMO Pad Smart 10"

Tags
casio bluetooth smartwatch whatsapp