Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat killed battery life

Tip us?

drag80
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recently updated to kitkat and do not at all feel any change in battery life. I think it all depends on on which version of firmware you are using. There are so many different roms available may be some have bugs or something. I feel no adverse effects of kitkat.

xdauserr
Old
(Last edited by xdauserr; 22nd August 2014 at 02:28 PM.) Reason: Typo
Thanks Meter 2
Default Installing 28000mAh batt:System ignores actual voltage, when estimating charge level.

Check low and high voltages on your battery
You can do this with many software from Android play store
My high voltage (100%) is 4.315 and low was 3.6 or 3.4 (not quite sure because now I'm testing new battery)

It seems like operating system does not estimate charge level from the battery voltage
It is rather done from power consumed from the battery

High voltage is always 4.315 because of constant current / constant voltage charge algorithm

But if you start your new firmware from a low charge, operating system can underworlt and damage your battery

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Now it shows 43% with 4117mV on battery!!!

phyden
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've been running Kit Kat for a while now and haven't seen any noticeable changes in battery life.

saied7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee View Post
Still early but the Spain version seems to have better battery life for me. Over 2 hours screen time via 20% battery watching movies, playing games and surfing the web. Not sure whats wrong with the US version... Hope they update it, but im glad we have other stock options.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Hello guys,
a silly question but can I upgrade my tablet to 4.4.2 Spain STOCK version without tripping the knox? I'm on 4.3 stock -Belgian model. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting but it doesnt seem that Samsung is ever going to upgrade the rest of the N2014 p-600 tablets. Some were lucky and received the upgrade and some like the Belgium, Netherlands, UK not...

Itchiee
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by saied7 View Post
Hello guys,
a silly question but can I upgrade my tablet to 4.4.2 Spain STOCK version without tripping the knox? I'm on 4.3 stock -Belgian model. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting but it doesnt seem that Samsung is ever going to upgrade the rest of the N2014 p-600 tablets. Some were lucky and received the upgrade and some like the Belgium, Netherlands, UK not...
Yes, and most are multi language so that shouldn't be an issue either.
You'll trip knox messing with the bootloader doing a root or installing custom recovery.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

saied7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee View Post
Yes, and most are multi language so that shouldn't be an issue either.
You'll trip knox messing with the bootloader doing a root or installing custom recovery.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. Can you send the link or the guide of how to upgrade properly? My guess is I have to do it through Odin right?
And is the Spain version still the best at this moment or are there newer updates for p600?