Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 42,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A/T] [ROM] [4.4.2] [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth

Tip us?

banded1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
full data format before re-flashing every time
im not sure how there could be any other data added in with the flash if im just installing the LS and gapps files

zetazeta2
Old
Thanks Meter 23
How to control the kernel? What app?

lovey08
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi all,

Im having issues flashing this ROM. I have the ATT Samsung Galaxy S4.

Currently have Safestrap Recovery and downloaded the latest version of the ROM LiquidSmooth v3.1 and latest Gapps.

Now having used safestrap on Graviton rom to be installed, I flashed the ROM on the Stock slot, after flashing rom and flashing g apps the phone just stays in a black screen state.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

CamFlawless
Old
Thanks Meter 1,505

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovey08 View Post
Hi all,

Im having issues flashing this ROM. I have the ATT Samsung Galaxy S4.

Currently have Safestrap Recovery and downloaded the latest version of the ROM LiquidSmooth v3.1 and latest Gapps.

Now having used safestrap on Graviton rom to be installed, I flashed the ROM on the Stock slot, after flashing rom and flashing g apps the phone just stays in a black screen state.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance.
If I am not mistaken, AOSP cannot be flashed if you have Safestrap.

lovey08
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFlawless View Post
If I am not mistaken, AOSP cannot be flashed if you have Safestrap.
Oh... Now i know...

Is there any way around this? Like a different custom recovery? If so can you tell me where to go? Thanks!

DevastatorTNT
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Anyone having issues with floating notifications? When I try closing an app tapping on the non-used part of screen, it just FCs... Not all the apps, but most of them... and I can't find a way to make pocket mode (lockscreen notifications) work properly... I'm very sorry because this ROM is really good

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

ma678
Old
Thanks Meter 51
First time LS user switched from TW stock. Canadian i337m. The overall experience is great!

Here are some issues I am facing.

1. Screen lock doesn't work.

2. Setting FC sometimes.

3. I cannot lower max CPU freq on Poker latest kernel. After switching to Alucard, I can reduce it.

4. PIN unlock sometimes doesn't work. No PIN screen shows up at all.

5. I cannot change temperature unit to metric even if I check Use Metric box under Home setting.

6. Ad Block doesn't work in some apps.

7. Somehow, 3G reception is a little worse than before.

8. It happened once that I couldn't hang off the call.

9. When phone rings, sometimes the flash LED also lights up.

I am running the latest 3.1, PA apps 7-2, and TWRP 2.7.1.

Thanks.
Nexus 4/Nexus 7 2013 w/Franco Kernel + PA 4.x
Samsung Galaxy S4 i337M GoldenEye Xposed 37

mcconvict
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Is there any way to get past the unauthorized software message without Odin to stock?

Tried flashing philz without Loki doki :/

Sent from my jflte using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

SportyRydr
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Question @Devs: Write Access to SD advice, please?

Greetings!

I'm hoping you devs can shed some light on this.

I'm not 100% sure, but pretty close, that beginning with either the 4.4.x builds or the 4.4.4 builds, Titanium backup is no longer able to protect backups. That dev has posted a proposed "fix" which consists of adding the group media_rw to the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission in platform.xml—the same thing as the various "KitKat SD Fix" type apps do. Well, as you know, your ROM already contains this permission group, and yet, Titanium still can't protect backups.

In doing research on this, I discovered one user was able to circumvent this by having his backup folder set to /storage/ExtSDCard/TitaniumBackup (or something similar), and then letting TiBu detect the backup folder. In doing so, TiBu revealed another path to the folder he was using, accessed via /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1/TitaniumBackup. I tried this myself, and TiBu did not reveal that path for me. So I tried navigating to it, and found that TiBu says my /mnt folder is read-only, and my /mnt/media_rw folder, whose permissions are rwx------, "cannot be accessed". I tried some stuff using Root Explorer, and discovered that mounting /mnt as r/w long enough to change /mnt/media_rw permissions to rwxrwx---, and then mounting /mnt as r/o, does the trick—TiBu is able to access the folders under /mnt/media_rw, including sdcard1, and use a folder created under /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 for backups, AS WELL AS being able to protect backups in that folder. The caveat being that after a reboot, everything is set back to default, meaning TiBu will no longer be able to access the folder.

I figured it would be easy enough to run a shell script or commands at boot to change the permissions on /mnt/media_rw to rwxrwx---. BUT, before that can happen /mnt has to be mounted as r/w, and I'm a little less confident about trying to correctly mount a volume via a shell command.

1. Is it possible and safe to do this (mount r/w; change perms; mount r/o) via boot script/commands? I plan to use Tasker and Secure Settings to accomplish this, but I'm open to other suggestions.
2. Is it safe to keep rwxrwx--- perms on /mnt/media_rw?
3. Is it SO safe, that it's possible (and you'd be willing) to actually build the ROM with those perms on /mnt/media_rw?

I've also tried installing TiBu as a system app, with the understanding that system apps are allowed to set the r/o attribute (essentially what "protecting" a backup does) on SD card files outside of their own designated folders, but that didn't even work. Does that mean that including TiBu in the ROM as a system app (were that appropriate to do) wouldn't work either?

I definitely don't mind the boot script/commands route, as long as I have the correct syntax and parameters for the mount command. But if #3 is doable, that'd be great too!

Thanks in advance for any input, and, once again, for this great ROM! I'm conservative about how often I update it (still on the 7/29 build), but I'm all in.

Have a great weekend!
"In God We Trust"
Hey, y'all...it's a Southern Maryland Thang!
~~~~~~~
Sprint Galaxy S®4 (SPH-L720)
ROM: LiquidSmooth 3.2 7/29/2014
Kernel: PoKernel 2.5
GApps: PA Mini Modular 4.4.4 9/1/2014
Baseband: NAE
Recovery: PhilZ Touch 6.57.5

kevinco1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Hey guys, having the same problem. Installed the ROM successfully, but cannot mount my external SD card.

I'm also getting FCs from my APKs I've flashed like Super SU, SELinuxModeChager and the included file manager is doing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
[AOSP] S4 Pure Nexus Edition
Safestrap 3.72