Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 53,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Modifying]A10 Chinese 2 DIN Car Audio WinCE6+Android 4.x.x with "GIBROID"

Tip us?

ZIZO664
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool it is easy

just open settings from wince ,then you will find a gps audio just turn it off . you will get sound from all speakers in android.

MTMTE
Old
(Last edited by MTMTE; 12th September 2014 at 03:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Firstly here are some Mirrors of the GIBROID 11 January 2014 New build from the first post:
Part 1
part 2
Part 3

Does anyone know if the above image is set to Apollo or Caravan by default. I've picked up from the Russian thread that only "apollo-tvbox" has working Bluetooth within Android. I see the images on how to switch from Apollo to Caravan...but I don't know how to get to that screen. I used a blutooth dongle, which the USB host app shows correctly, but the switch to enable Bluetooth in Android settings won't click correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIZO664 View Post
just open settings from wince ,then you will find a gps audio just turn it off . you will get sound from all speakers in android.
I appreciate your response, but I guess I should have been more specific. Setting the "GPS audio" to OFF within WinCE just shuts off the Android Audio while using the WinCE functions. Like I stated before, the rear speakers and Sub-woofer work fine for WinCE functions. Fine for playing MP3s, CDs/DVDs and Bluetooth audio that WinCE is takes care of.

However...
What I want, and what anyone would want with a pure Android head-unit, is to fully use Android and all Android apps with all 4 speakers and the sub-woofer. As this unit is constructed, as far as I can tell, you only get 2 channels when using pure Android functions. That means any music app, like Pandora, Spotifiy, Songza, TuneInRadio Pro Amazon Prime Music and Google Play Music won't come out of the rear speakers (if you're using an external amp, maybe even if you aren't) and won't utilize the sub-woofer and AMP (regardless). Bad. Bad. Bad.

I believe this unit's "intended" design was to just use the Android system for "visual" apps, like navigation and, I dunno, e-mail and downloading. Then use WinCE for audio functions. Not exactly what I thought I was getting to be honest.

I'm gonna try a workaround by wiring my 4 channel amp and Mono sub through the front pre-amp outputs ONLY. I'll loose control of the crossover and sub level from the head unit- but the head-unit control for that was minimal anyways.

Update:
The eBay seller had this to say:
Quote:
HI, yes!~ the android system only supports 2 channel.
ANd we adivse you to download the mp3 and put it in the SD card
Kind of contradicts the comment from the poster of the YouTube Advertisement:
Quote:
review4unow7

Yes all the RCA preouts (Front, Rear, Subwoofer) work from within the android system. Thanks
Now I don't think they were trying to intentionally mislead people, but it sure makes it sound like you can use the Front, Rear, Sub-woofer speakers with Android Apps. You cannot.

Buyer Beware

ZIZO664
Old
Thanks Meter 0
no turning GPS Music off will make 4 speakers works.