Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life Discussion

Tip us?

colts187
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
I leave it with screen on mode. I use it all day from about 7am to 6pm. I get just barely two days with brightness set to 4. I get easily over 100 notifications throughout the day. I love how easy it is to use that mini launcher to adjust the brightness. I don't really check my heart rate much but I do keep count of all my steps. About 12k average per day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

compchick813
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I just got my Gear Live on Wednesday and so far my battery life is as I expected with my usage. I wish there were battery stats for the watch itself that we could access to make it easier to tell if a particular app is eating more battery than it should.

This is my usage from today:
Always on: off, brightness: 1, steps: on
Sleep tracking from watch (Sleep as Android beta) from ~12:20 - 6:30 am (watch muted)
Probably ~40 notifications, reset watch (apparently if you're using MultiRom and boot into another rom you can't pair it without resetting), installed some apps, checked heart rate 3 times, checked time/weather/steps/traffic/notifications probably 30 times. I noticed it was showing nav cards during my 1 hour drive this morning. I muted Maps after that.
12 am 100%
6:30 am 68%
3 pm 20%
4 pm 17%
5:30 pm 7%
6:30 pm 2%

miike1106
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is it possible that there are apps that can cause battery drain? I downloaded a few apps recently and installed minuum keyboard as well. I did notice a dramatic battery loss. I wake at normally around 7 am and by 5:30pm the battery was pretty much gone. So I'm wondering if it's one of the apps or if it's something else. As of right now, I unplugged it at 8am, it is now 11 am at about 72%, about 10% loss per hour, set at 4 brightness, light-medium usage.

AstroDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I would say say, some app can drain the battery, but the battery life is really bad on mine too.
I am really thinking about installing the custom ROM

Mihnea1996
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I tried to keep the Gear Live without connection with the phone. Mine lasts around 2.5-3 days, used it only for measuring heart rate and counting steps. With around 13k steps/day(hiking) , I can say that 2.5 days of battery life is OK. Now I want to use it paired with the phone, would be nice to see 2 days.
Nexus 4 Black : Franco Kernel
Nexus 5 Black : Franco Kernel

AstroDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 42
If pairing is the issue I wonder if an macro will work.

steslatt
Old
Thanks Meter 47
It seems my battery has degraded. I've had the watch since launch and for the first few weeks I used to get from 7am till 10pm with 30-35% left.
Now with the same apps and settings I can barely make it to 10pm at all. I've tried resetting and only using the pre installed apps. I just ended up with similar results. I think I'm going to RMA it.

frankthetoad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I take the watch off the charger at 7:30 AM. Screen set to always on, brightness at zero. I get near constant Goggle Huddle notifications, Boom Beach, CoC, package shipment, weather, traffic, etc. Use it to make phone calls, switch tracks on Play Music, take notes, set timers. I take it off my wrist between midnight and 1AM. Usually have about 17% left.

AstroDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Except when it is dark I do not think I can live with minimum brightness

Ed Murray
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
I got my Gear Live on Thursday. Charged and unplugged at 9:00pm, worked all night, lots of app installs, screen off mostly except while playing with it. Battery was at 17% at 8:00am.
Next day it was at 46% at 8:00am so I think I just played with my new device a bit too much. Not too mention, most batteries need to be cycled out of the box and will get better after 3-5 charges. I also wonder if they will sell aftermarket batteries for these watches...
My Devices

Current - N900T Note III on AT&T, 4500mAh Mpj Slim Battery, Trident Kraken case w/ wireless Qi
HyperDrive RLS3.1 - CWM BL

Backup - SGH I747 S III on T-Mobile, 7k mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
Carbon KK ROM/Kernel - CWM BL

Test Driving - HTC One M8 Stock, soon to be better.

Waiting for - T-Mobile Note 4, unlocked or an LG G3.

Retired - (2) Droid 2 A950, (1) Droid 2 R2D2 A955

Copy.com referral bonus - 15+5gb Cloud Space for both people