Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Black Display, same problem in my 9500.
26th August 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffelcopter

Hey I just started using sidesync today and noticed that in the AppData folder Sidesync 3.0 has created a 17.8gb file called dump_2014_08_05_113818.yuv. I'm using a GS5 SM-G900V, Samsung Series 9 Lite laptop, freshly downloaded Sidesync 3.0 programs (for both phone and PC) and connecting via USB (wifi doesn't work but it's my work wifi so I suspect it'll work at home).

I can't really afford to have that huge file lying around so does anyone know where it comes from or how to get rid of it (without it coming back)?

Yeah I get this too while plugged into USB (Note3 + Windows 8.1) (not sure if WiFi does the same as it doesn't work for me). In essence when the phone is connected it's creating a video feed and this YUV file is it's output but the desktop SideSync doesn't seem to delete it once you're done. So after a 20min session there's always a very large video file just lying around doing nothing. This is obviously a bug in the SideSync desktop app.
Another bug would be that it seems to use quite a bit of power. When plugged in you'd expect the phone to be charging which I'm sure it is but not as much as it's loosing power while SideSync is running.

YUV file is saved in.
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Samsung\SideSync3.0

It's a pity as SideSync is really handy but I can't use it because of these BUGs!

Edit: Ok the issue with the large dump files seems to have fixed itself after a re-install of the desktop SideSync3.
Last edited by GingerNutter; 3rd September 2014 at 10:00 AM.
26th August 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 8

58 posts
Hmm I don't have the temp video file bug however my battery does drain considerably when using this mode
27th August 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #44  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaineos

Hmm I don't have the temp video file bug however my battery does drain considerably when using this mode

Same here... Any fix for this or is it phone to phone related?
28th August 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #45  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aram90

Same here... Any fix for this or is it phone to phone related?

My guess is that SideSync is using quite a bit of CPU usage on the phone (after a min or two of use feel the back, it gets quite hot).
30th August 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #46  

1 posts
newbie here.....for those being windows not recognize your phone...try change USB OPTION FROM MEDIA(MTP) TO CAMERA (PTP)..its works
for me...

GTI9500 Ozcan Rom V2.7
31st August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #47  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerNutter

My guess is that SideSync is using quite a bit of CPU usage on the phone (after a min or two of use feel the back, it gets quite hot).

yes i get that to, it gets really hot really fast. I got scared and took out the battery :P
8th September 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 19

208 posts
More
It's working fine for me with my S4 (Phoenix Rom) over USB (Windows 7), but with my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 it's just awful.
Very slow and laggy, the sound transfer is stuttering and after some time there's a popup saying "bad connection", or some other crap, stopping the transmission
9th September 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #49  

3 posts
Have same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegChan

I installed SideSync on my Galaxy S4 I9500 with OmegaRomv20. I was not able to connect via USB, the PC app did not recognize my device. When I tried using WiFi, everything worked fine. Then I upgraded to OmegaRomV22. Now it connects via WiFi, but i just get a black screen. If i click somewhere on the screen the phone responds, but I am unable to view the screen. Any suggestions?

Have you found a solution for this problem? I have the same problem on my Galaxy S4 I9500 with Kit kat 4.4.2

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmau

I have the same problem with my galaxy s4 (i9500)
Please someone help me. Thanks

I have the same issue. Did you resolve your problem.
14th September 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #50  

1 posts
S4 black Screen and not connecting via USB
Quote:
Originally Posted by binchem

Have you found a solution for this problem? I have the same problem on my Galaxy S4 I9500 with Kit kat 4.4.2

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I have the same issue. Did you resolve your problem.

Same issue. Any solution?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung sidesync 3.0, sidesync 3.0
Previous Thread Next Thread