5,815,095 Members 38,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

conserdering buying this device? should l?!

Tip us?

Ahmedmoataz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default conserdering buying this device? should l?!

I need ur opinion guys....., is it GREAT CAMERA? I mean leaving every other thing aside is it a good camera cus I already have android devices and I need a good camera

Yz_
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yes, it's great camera with poor support

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Yz_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apprentice
Old
Thanks Meter 197
I agree, it does take great pictures and has the best LCD screen you can imagine for a camera. But sadly Samsung have lost all interest in supporting it, software features on the Galaxy Zoom and Note 3 are better and run higher version of Android.

If you can get one for a good price then go for it. I still love the camera but wish it would receive updates to fix interface lag issues.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
XDA member since 2005 (the days when I loved my O2 XDA II)
My 'most recent' owned devices:

ASUS
Transformer, Padfone 2

GOOGLE
Nexus 7, Nexus 7 (2013)

HTC
EVO 3D, One (M7), One (M8)

SONY
Xperia Play, Xperia Z2

SAMSUNG
Note, Note II, Note 3, Note 8.0, Note 10.1
S3, S4, S5, S4 Zoom, Galaxy K Zoom
Galaxy Camera and Galaxy Gear
Tab Pro 8.4, Tab S 8.4
The Following User Says Thank You to apprentice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RKnight1983
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Yes awesome camera, I use it daily and the Android features are a benefit that come in handy more then you may think. I also am disappointed the there has been no support for the camera. I would still buy the camera again, however mabey wait until the new one is released so you at least get a newer version of Android and more features and better chance of support from Samsung. I love this camera so much that I am actually considering purchasing the Galaxy NX instead of a DSLR here soon.

jpx3m
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My camera no has dust inside and the image is affected...

posted from Nokia n721 using tapatalk 4

kenhicg
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Would this camera be a good device for streaming over the ustream app or using to add to a hangout? I want to stream speakers at meetings. Also does it have a mic port for a shotgun mic?

koutsa
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhicg View Post
Would this camera be a good device for streaming over the ustream app or using to add to a hangout? I want to stream speakers at meetings. Also does it have a mic port for a shotgun mic?
It does not have a mic port.

It does have a mini-HDMI -port, headphones jack (of course) and the default mini-USB -port (2nd of course

Also experiencing that interface lagging and it's quite annoying when you should be able to take a pic fast, without no waiting. I've done 1 factory reset to my device, it helped a bit.

internetpilot
Old
Thanks Meter 112
I believe you can use an external mic with an adapter via the headphone jack. You'll need an iphone/ipad mic adapter and then it will work with any standard mic. I know I'm responding to this thread late, but the Galaxy Camera 2 has been out for a while and is already being discounted. It's running Android 4.3 and I'm not really experiencing any interface lag at all. For better battery life and other features I wish it was Kitkat, but JB 4.3 is definitely good enough.
Samsung GALAXY Note II
Samsung GALAXY Note10.1 2014 Edition
Samsung GALAXY S III (x3)
acer Iconia A500
nookcolor (x4)
nook Tablet