Tether

OP JNasty

28th April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

240 posts
Is it possible to tether this to a another device...i.e a rooted samsung galaxy s4?
29th April 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 230

712 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNasty

Is it possible to tether this to a another device...i.e a rooted samsung galaxy s4?

I am not sure why you would need to. It has WiFi and 3G onboard... unless you mean the other way round, in which case YES you can by going into settings/wireless and networks
30th April 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice

I am not sure why you would need to. It has WiFi and 3G onboard... unless you mean the other way round, in which case YES you can by going into settings/wireless and networks

Well, The Verizon model is cheaper, I'm with AT&T and I don't want a 3G plan but I want to be able to tether it to my phone so that I can still get instant upload and all the benefits while I'm away from "Wifi"
30th April 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNasty

Well, The Verizon model is cheaper, I'm with AT&T and I don't want a 3G plan but I want to be able to tether it to my phone so that I can still get instant upload and all the benefits while I'm away from "Wifi"

Foxfi should work.

I have a Galaxy Cam 2 and Bluetooth is also an option.
14th September 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag NE Florida
Thanks Meter: 112

512 posts
More
Most current models of Samsung phones have the "hacked" tether blocked, even if rooted. I found that the Wifi Tether Router app by Fabio Grasso in the Play store works perfectly and I gave up on waiting for the hack to be fixed. It's not free, but it's only a few $ (and worth it).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread