Why the 4.4.2 TouchWiz update doesn't have Tap to Pay.

OP gakio12

10th September 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #31  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 542

649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febby

Lol yes me too.. hate to say it but this is why ios makes us look like amateurs at times... I expect tap to pay to work without issue :/

It does if you use ISIS.. or whatever it's called now... "Softcard" i think.
11th September 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1,254

3,219 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

It does if you use ISIS.. or whatever it's called now... "Softcard" i think.

It's completely different from that of Google wallet. Not that I'm a apple fan boy but some things do upset me when I'm trying to use a native Google feature that seems to be non existent currently on my firmware. I tried when it was isis wallet but it wasn't my type of deal.
11th September 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #33  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 542

649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febby

It's completely different from that of Google wallet. Not that I'm a apple fan boy but some things do upset me when I'm trying to use a native Google feature that seems to be non existent currently on my firmware. I tried when it was isis wallet but it wasn't my type of deal.

Well, it's still the same thing, just different name... Probably due to ISIS in the middle east... *snicker*

Anyway, works fine for me, using my AMEX and linked other cards to the virtual AMEX they give you.
14th September 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 39

211 posts
I doubt it'll work perfectly. Google wallet failed just like all the others. Ios, not sure what was done different to be considered "successful" but there are a few hurdles it'll have to jump in order to be successful.

I was so pleased even with isis but yet to see a way to use my visa. How is it apple is able to allow it's users to so?
14th September 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 511

1,773 posts
With ISIS or whatever it's named now, you can use most card types by linking them to the AMEX Serve card. It ends up working like paypal, if you have money in the pre-pay Serve card, it uses that. If not, it will load some in from another source. I used a Visa credit card for that and it worked fine. The auto load is optional and defaults off I believe. So if you would rather have it decline charges when you don't have money there, you can do that.

It's not as nice as connecting to the card directly, but all the players are too busy trying to make their way into the standard to work together. I'm surprised Apple got the card companies on board. It will be interesting to see.

All that said, I'm still not convinced it's a problem that needs solving. It's kinda cool, but since I generally have to carry ID and other payment methods for places that don't support NFC it's more of a curiosity than anything else for me. A local coffee shop had problems with ISIS occasionally and stopped supporting it because people would come in with just their phones. They are using some QR code based setup now that I haven't bothered to set up yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread