Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]KOT49H【4.4.4】AOSP Official Google Edition 【Verizon!】07-17-2014

Tip us?

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by swieder711 View Post
I just upgraded with a clean install, moving from the May release to the July release.

I ran the Quardrant benchmark with the default kernel and scored about 10K. Then I updated the kernel to the latest Ktoonz version and got a score of 9K. I wad expecting a score of over 12K.

I tried the performance governor and didn't see any improvement.
Quadrant scores will add a thousand just by switching to tw. Yet we all know aosp is faster. So I would take those scores with a big grain of salt
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

Spookymyo
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by soad1789 View Post
Hey all,

First I must mention that I LOVE this ROM. It is so much more responsive on my S4 than Hyperdrive ever was, and besides the occasional losing-data glitch which requires a quick toggling of airplane mode, I haven't encountered any glitches with this at all. It's so clean and responsive!

One thing I'm wondering about is how/if you guys use PIE controls-- with GravityBox the PIE control menu seems a little stripped down; I can't seem to find a menu that allows me to change custom key functions at all, and only long-press actions are able to be changed. Am I missing something?

The main reason I'm interested in using PIE controls is because I want the ability to switch between apps w/o having to long-press the home key and select the app (like Alt+Tab). I've been trying an app called Last App Switcher, which works great, but having a floating 'widget' feels a little clunky.

Any suggestions?
You can use gravitybox to set one of your buttons (I use the menu button) to long press or double tap to take you back to your last app. It works great.
Eric

VZW Samsung Galaxy S4

Tortuga
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by soad1789 View Post
Hey all,

First I must mention that I LOVE this ROM. It is so much more responsive on my S4 than Hyperdrive ever was, and besides the occasional losing-data glitch which requires a quick toggling of airplane mode, I haven't encountered any glitches with this at all. It's so clean and responsive!

One thing I'm wondering about is how/if you guys use PIE controls-- with GravityBox the PIE control menu seems a little stripped down; I can't seem to find a menu that allows me to change custom key functions at all, and only long-press actions are able to be changed. Am I missing something?

The main reason I'm interested in using PIE controls is because I want the ability to switch between apps w/o having to long-press the home key and select the app (like Alt+Tab). I've been trying an app called Last App Switcher, which works great, but having a floating 'widget' feels a little clunky.

Any suggestions?
"Menu be Gone" Xposed module. It replaces the menu soft key with the recents function. It does exactly what you're looking for.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tortuga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
"Menu be Gone" Xposed module. It replaces the menu soft key with the recents function. It does exactly what you're looking for.
You can also use 'xposed additions' to do this and change any hardware key
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vprasad1
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfrye View Post
Not sure if it is a clean flash. Been running this ROM for many versions back. And I have clean and dirty flashed and not sure. I am running the latest version
OK. The latest version is missing /system/priv-app/Velvet.apk (rw,r,r) which is the APK responsible for the Voice Typing portion of the Google Keyboard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jackdubl
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
^This^.

Free storage from Copy:
https://copy.com?r=cScoov

jdfrye
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by vprasad1 View Post
OK. The latest version is missing /system/priv-app/Velvet.apk (rw,r,r) which is the APK responsible for the Voice Typing portion of the Google Keyboard.

I don't have that either and I do have the mic on the Google keyboard and running the latest version of this ROM.

~~~It takes guts to stay unrooted~~

vprasad1
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfrye View Post
I don't have that either and I do have the mic on the Google keyboard and running the latest version of this ROM.
Fixed! Went to Play Store and installed "Google" by "Google".
Settings/Language and Input/now shows a check box for "Google voice typing". Selecting it produces the warning,
Quote:
This input method may be able to collect all the text you type including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the app Google Search. Use this input method?"
Had I realized that voice typing was dependent on the Google Search, I'd have saved a lot of aggravation.

codyvance
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by civiksi View Post
I went from this to Dans CM version. I get much better battery life.
Where is Dan's CM version? I seem to be blind.. Thanks!!

civiksi
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyvance View Post
Where is Dan's CM version? I seem to be blind.. Thanks!!
It was on page 2. Don't worry. Things are normally right infront of my face and I can't find them.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767905
Devices
Verizon S4 running CM11
Droid X running 4.4.4-Yes you read that right.
Hyperdriven Galaxy Note 10.1
Nexus 7 2013

The Following User Says Thank You to civiksi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]