Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] APK Downloader Extension - download apks without play store

Tip us?

magicphone
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks jackpf

This extension still requires me to sign in with my Google credentials. This raises 2 questions:

- If I sign into another app than Google with my Google credentials, will the other app read my password? (Yes, it's open source; I don't read code) Technically, what is the difference if I sing into the app, rather than Play Store?

- Is there a safe site where I simply paste the play store link and it gives me an .apk without any sign-in whatsoever? Would be helpful. Yeah, there are all those malware sites, but anything trustworthy?

jackpf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicphone View Post
Thanks jackpf

This extension still requires me to sign in with my Google credentials. This raises 2 questions:

- If I sign into another app than Google with my Google credentials, will the other app read my password? (Yes, it's open source; I don't read code) Technically, what is the difference if I sing into the app, rather than Play Store?

- Is there a safe site where I simply paste the play store link and it gives me an .apk without any sign-in whatsoever? Would be helpful. Yeah, there are all those malware sites, but anything trustworthy?
The play store requires a google account to download stuff so there's no way you can download stuff without signing in, unless I use a single account on the app, but then if that account gets blocked by Google or the download limit is reached, it'll stop functioning.

Have you tried using the OAuth functionality? It should just ask you to to click "Allow", no email or password is required that way.

remics
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I believe Google have plugged the hole as I can't download any of the packages that would be otherwise restricted for my device/country. I keep getting App not found error like many others on this thread. Either that or we need more information on filling in the Device fields. I have an international i9505 and have no idea where to get the SDK version, Device Name and SDK Version from.

Already purchased items or unrestricted apps download just fine, but that is not what I needed this to do for me.

Just for reference I was trying to download: com.sec.watchon.phone.plus which is made for the i9505 but apparently not available in my country.
Lurking xda since the HTC Typhoon era.

m-Khadem
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty2653 View Post
Unfortunately, the same problem in application from XDA and from Google play. Phone is ZTE v970 with JB 4.1.1
Download the XDA apps here : http://www.apksend.com/download/?id=XDA+
APK Downloader
Effortless and Anonymous Download From Google Play with APKSEND.com