Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 47,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][MIUI] Bypassing 2014 theme policy.

Tip us?

Zehlek
Old
(Last edited by Zehlek; 9th June 2014 at 11:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,149
I have WSM 2.3.4 installed. I go here and select install then reboot and I get stuck at boot animation

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sam32smni
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson88 View Post
For those that might not know, starting 2014 FREE MIUI themes can't be applied anymore. MTZ files shared in communities like this will not work, however with the help of a couple of apps developed here in XDA it is still possible to ignore the policy.

Before posting this small guide I would like to know if it goes against the rules; I'm going to try to contact a mod before continuing. It's something I discovered by mere chance a couple of days ago and I want to share. MIUI is a great ROM, I have been using it for more than a month but without being able to customize it it really doesn't excel in any way.

--- Edit ---
I have been given the thumbs up by a mod so I'm going to post the guide.

---

*** I do not take any responsibility for any damage that might occur to your device. Your experience may be different from mine.***

---

First of all, these are my specs:

Phone: XT910
Android Version: 4.2.2 JDQ39E
MIUI Version: 4.1.3 (Ported)
Kernel Version: 3.0.8-g67d26a7

Also, I'm not signed in my Xiaomi account. I do not know if this is relevant or not.

1. Install Xposed Framework (Thread Link), (Download Link). I'm currently running app version 2.4.1

2. Install WSM Tools (Thread Link), DO NOT LET IT INSTALL THE FRAMEWORK; we already have it. (Note: Installing the framework from within WSM Tools caused a bootloop for me). I used app version 2.1.5

3. Use WSM Tools only to download the module named Mi-Tools; download module version 1.8 (THIS IS IMPORTANT).

Be aware that you will need to reboot your phone a couple of times during the installation of the apps. Pay attention when you are required to do so. After this you should be able to import MTZ files from the SD card and no authorization will be required to apply themes.

These are the steps that worked for me, now I'm able to customize my ROM again.

thanks for sharing bro.. you both rights.. but appreciate the work of this guy.. thank you for concern to others

vandebergz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Did everything, though I installed WSM framework (but no bootloop for me). And installed MI-Tools 1.9.2. Still applying theme needs internet connection. Device is Sony LWW. Anything wrong?

can7
Old
(Last edited by can7; 9th August 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
works for me on my mi3 thanks

dubbactrumpetmsu
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansmeierxda View Post
Thanks a lot Crimson for making this guide to bypass this annoying MIUI policy!

I tried guide with steps 1, 2 and 3 - no bootloop, bit still not able to install themes. Restored CWM backup and tried only steps 2 and 3, no bootloop but still no luck.

After several tinkering I figured out this way, working with my Galaxy S3 and MIUI 4.1.1:

1) install WSM tools (latest v2.3.4)
2) install framework within WSM tools, reboot
3) install pro.burgerz.wsm.mods.themeauthorization-1.apk (just google for this WSM module, download and install like a regular apk)
4) activate this module in WSM tools - it's the only module you need
5) reboot and voila! [emoji4]

All credits to OP and BurgerZ, really thanks a lot!!!
Thank you! So great to have these working again. Couldn't believe that they 'outlawed' using those themes you already had. Terrible idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to dubbactrumpetmsu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jianbin Li
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
I have WSM 2.3.4 installed. I go here and select install then reboot and I get stuck at boot animation

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thank you, very useful information.

vinit91
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:

I tried guide with steps 1, 2 and 3 - no bootloop, bit still not able to install themes. Restored CWM backup and tried only steps 2 and 3, no bootloop but still no luck.

After several tinkering I figured out this way, working with my Galaxy S3 and MIUI 4.1.1:

3) install pro.burgerz.wsm.mods.themeauthorization-1.apk (just google for this WSM module, download and install like a regular apk)

Thanks man This thing works perfectly
The Following User Says Thank You to vinit91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cic3ro
Old
(Last edited by Cic3ro; 14th September 2014 at 09:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:

does not work on note 3 :/ cant open theme file

edit: oh. I've got it. :P

Tags
guide, miui, policy, theme