Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from tiny4579: TinyKernel 2.2 is live! Please check the OP for details

[Kernel][CM][4.4.4][August 16] TinyKernel

Tip us?

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,173
Oh I see. The file is fine until its disabled and reenabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ANDR01DN00B
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Also can you consider adding some form of Gamma control to the kernel? After my M7 got repaired, the whites seem more pink. Or is there an app for that?

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,121

DONATE TO ME
Hi mate, will this work with Dirty Unicorns ROM?

I know you talk about sweep 2 wake in the OP, but what about DT2W?
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One 32GB Vivid Blue with Firmware 6.09.401.5 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 and Stock kernel 
Nexus 4 16GB running Android L Preview Beta and Hellsgod kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ thread = HERE!! (read before posting questions!)

tiny4579
Old
Thanks Meter 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
Hi mate, will this work with Dirty Unicorns ROM?

I know you talk about sweep 2 wake in the OP, but what about DT2W?
It's anything that requires checking the proximity sensor really. Also the wakeup gestures wake the panel each time you touch it. No immediate plans for the immediate future on it. Some have mentioned sleep functions. That sounds intriguing if it's an alternative to double tap status bar to sleep as the logo is easier to reach than the status bar.

Yes, it should work on Dirty Unicorns. I think it uses a CM device base, so it should work. I thought someone flashed it before and it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiny4579
Old
Thanks Meter 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDR01DN00B View Post
Also can you consider adding some form of Gamma control to the kernel? After my M7 got repaired, the whites seem more pink. Or is there an app for that?
No, it would need a kernel side interface for it.

Sounds feasible but I haven't really looked into implementing it. I know flar2 has it in his but I haven't tracked his kernel to see what would be involved from an app side to control it. His interface should work with Trickster Mod I believe.

kshastryp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default usb fast charge

can you add fast charging onto this kernel please. my m7 takes forever to charge now. Thanks!

Running paranoid android 4.6 BETA1 with tinykernel 2.2-Test

tiny4579
Old
Thanks Meter 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastryp View Post
can you add fast charging onto this kernel please. my m7 takes forever to charge now. Thanks!

Running paranoid android 4.6 BETA1 with tinykernel 2.2-Test
Already implemented. If you're talking overall charging speed, this phone charges at 1-2 mA.

tiny4579
Old
Thanks Meter 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by amokkatxda View Post
@tiny4579
Thanks for the kernel!
I flashed it yesterday and tried L2M script.
But when I disabled L2M by the "l2m off", 'home' and 'back' buttons stopped working too.
When I checked the my "synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl" file, it was all commented out like this:
Code:
#key 102  HOME
#key 158  BACK
#key ......
I edit the file and buttons are working again.
I have latest 20140902 nightly.
I think you should review the script.
Thanks again for great kernel!
Will be fixed for 2.3. Thanks for the heads up. Also planned is /data/local/userinit.d support (basically init.d in /data that persists through flashing nightlies). This only will work on CM as I don't know what other ROMs implement this. It doesn't prevent a reboot to enable l2m due to to the need to still run the script to manually edit the keylayout file. Actually I just thought of something. I could have the init.d script edit the file if needed on boot.

Still gotta do color control and think about whether I want to add any type of wake or sleep gestures to the mainline or plus versions.

bmeek
Old
(Last edited by bmeek; 14th September 2014 at 11:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579 View Post
Will be fixed for 2.3. Thanks for the heads up. Also planned is /data/local/userinit.d support (basically init.d in /data that persists through flashing nightlies). This only will work on CM as I don't know what other ROMs implement this. It doesn't prevent a reboot to enable l2m due to to the need to still run the script to manually edit the keylayout file. Actually I just thought of something. I could have the init.d script edit the file if needed on boot.

Still gotta do color control and think about whether I want to add any type of wake or sleep gestures to the mainline or plus versions.
I do like the idea of automating the key layout file mod to support l2m.

Personally I'm fine without the various dt2w or s2w options. Although I've read that they only add a few percentage points to battery drain, it just feels like something that would really interfere with deep sleep and have greater battery ramifications. cm11 includes the volume2wake option and I find that useful in the absence of s2w.