No registration required

knock-on trouble

OP Robisgnarly

21st August 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trubadness

just sharing my experience: i updated to zvd, back to zvc, to cm11, back to zv7 and ota'd all the way back to zvd and my knock on still worked, it is now broken after i flashed the white lines fix after flashing the tmobile stock rom by novembre5. tried every fix in this thread and still no fix. knock off works flawlessly. im sure if i went back to zv7 and took all the ota's again ittl work but i need this rom to use my tmobile service.

Did you try the Hidden Menu trick? that works for many if not all.

try 3845#*modelnumber# eg: 3845#*800# change model number 800 with your phones model number, then tap on "Settings" and scroll down to "Update Touch Firmware"
26th August 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I'm on a US Sprint LG-G2 and folllowing beezar's advise was able to get into the proper hidden menu. I went ahead and updated the Touch Firmware but still no go. 2 questions:

1. What is the correct firmware version that will fix the knock on issue?
2. Does the proximity sensor have any effect on knock-on? I just recently replaced my screen and think I may have damaged the proximity sensor. When I use one of the proximity sensor tests it never seems to work. Stays at 0cm.

Thanks for any help!
27th August 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #33  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penone1130

I'm on a US Sprint LG-G2 and folllowing beezar's advise was able to get into the proper hidden menu. I went ahead and updated the Touch Firmware but still no go. 2 questions:

1. What is the correct firmware version that will fix the knock on issue?
2. Does the proximity sensor have any effect on knock-on? I just recently replaced my screen and think I may have damaged the proximity sensor. When I use one of the proximity sensor tests it never seems to work. Stays at 0cm.

Thanks for any help!

I think the proximity sensor DOES affect the knock-on feature. My knock-on works fine, but if I put one hand over the proximity sensor it won't wake on a double-tap (probably to avoid accidental wakes when the phone is in a pocket).
27th August 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #34  

17 posts
Thanks.

I see now where the issue lies. When I put the screen on I must have had too much adhesive on the top portion because it does look a bit raised. If I push down on the left corner and then double tap phone turns on. Looks like I'm going to have to take the screen off and add more adhesive.
29th August 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #35  

1 posts
I'm having the exact same issue, and haven't found an easy way around it yet. There is the hard way, but I don't trust myself enough to do that! :P
15th September 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #36  

9 posts
I'm very surprised this is still a pervasive issue. My knock-on function disappeared when Kit Kat showed up and never came back. And, knock-off works just fine, so it can't be hardware.

I've tried the fixes using the proximity sensor. None are that responsive and they all eat battery life. Not sure if Sprint or LG will every solve this issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread