Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root on p607t?

Tip us?

Prod1702
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacodaburr View Post
Hopefully everyone who hasn't rooted yet is no longer using this Knox tripping method. Even with the latest firmware installed, towelroot.com has the root software. Install the apk open it and click make it rain, wait at least 10 seconds then reboot (even though it says you don't need to), then get SuperSU from Chainfire and install the apk in the zip file, open the program and update the binary via normal method, if it asks to disable Knox (and you don't need the Knox apps) then disable it. Note: this does not disable the Knox counter, just the apps.
Reboot as SuperSU suggests.
Now that you have root access, you need to get BusyBox and Xposed, get the stable version 2.6.1

If you reboot, or power up, into download mode you should see a 0x0 Knox

P.S. you don't need xposed but it has some very nifty modules.
T-Mobile doesn't care if Knox is tripped or not. So however you root you are fine.
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE

jacodaburr
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prod1702 View Post
T-Mobile doesn't care if Knox is tripped or not. So however you root you are fine.
I'm not so much worried about T-Mobile as I am for selling it to someone else. I generally sell my old phone right before I get the new one to help with the down payment so I am not paying a hefty payment every month. Some people out there would like to use the phone for all it's features, including but not limited to the Knox apps, which disable themselves if you trip the Knox. However, I do appreciate that bit of info.
Please remember to give thanks if I helped you.

Current Device(s):

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 White SM-N900T
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P607T

Previous Devices:

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II Titanium SGH-T989
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S SGH-T959
T-Mobile G1

Devices I've Played With:

Polaroid PMID701i
T-Mobile LG Optimus F6 D500
T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 P769