Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 44,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life Discussion

Tip us?

illmatters
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I get max of 3hours OST after a week of owning this phone. I checked for updates on the phone and no firmware updates have come through, any reason why it hasn't updated? I see its helped everyone battery life out and I need that bad! Im with Optus in Australia if that makes any difference

fbfortes
Old
Thanks Meter 7
could stop the battery drain. battery charged to 100%. updated to version v10j. root and battery calibration after about 2 hours of battery to 100% and charging. rebooted and left carrying the entire night.

shadehh
Old
Thanks Meter 292
As a user who went for a g2 after the nexus 4 i can tell you that that phone was badass. Unfortunately it broke and i had to go back to my n4. After a few months on the nexus 4 i couldnt help but start missing my g2 with its amazing battery life. Being the spontaneous person that i am i randomly went to the shop one day and got the g3 thinking doesnt matter had sex

I recommend it whether you choose the g2 or g3 you cant go wrong

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

willows
Old
Thanks Meter 1
G3 when standby the battery is amazing but when screen on and for playing game (modern combat 5) battery drain is like crazy its decrease 1 percent for 1 minute. Any one have solution for this please share here.

Richieboy67
Old
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by willows View Post
G3 when standby the battery is amazing but when screen on and for playing game (modern combat 5) battery drain is like crazy its decrease 1 percent for 1 minute. Any one have solution for this please share here.
Of course the battery will die faster playing a cpu intensive game.

How long is your battery lasting in total?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

willows
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieboy67 View Post
Of course the battery will die faster playing a cpu intensive game.

How long is your battery lasting in total?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
One and half hour

ehmjay
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Best i've had so far.. downloaded and watched 11 episodes of SAO II plus some web browsing, facebook, COC,.. brightness at auto50%..
The Following User Says Thank You to ehmjay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Thanks Meter 265
I noticed over the last few days, being my weekend I did not have to rely on my phone's alarm to wake me up for work/class... That if I turn the phone off while charging, the phone battery *seems* to last longer, I could be right, or experiencing a placebo effect. I have been using my phone just like any other day, and seem to be hovering around 10% higher (60%) after 2.5 hours SoT.

If anyone is willing to try it out and compare their findings with mine, I would be interested to see. I will continue to test this periodically.
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!