Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Car install discussion thread

Tip us?

Zorena86
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted66 View Post
1. How do I keep the nexus shut down when ignition is off and quick boot when the ignition is on? Tasker needs to be running to execute the commands and if the device is off then how do i get it to work?
I used the app AutomateIt Pro. You can setup tasks much like Tasker and there's a task for the device to shut down after it's no longer receiving power. You can also designate a 5 second delay so that it's not turning on and then shutting off and turning right back on when the key goes from on to ignition start.

I wasn't able to find a task under Tasker that would do this unless I overlooked it.

wanted66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena86 View Post
I used the app AutomateIt Pro. You can setup tasks much like Tasker and there's a task for the device to shut down after it's no longer receiving power. You can also designate a 5 second delay so that it's not turning on and then shutting off and turning right back on when the key goes from on to ignition start.

I wasn't able to find a task under Tasker that would do this unless I overlooked it.
Thanks for the informative reply I will try this out!

fastyan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just to say thank you for an excellent thread and will be using all of this information for my upcoming install in my work Van 😊 not going to be a expert job and just going to have it run through my aux port on the stereo but I can't wait 😉
Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder