Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 - Kitkat Discussion Thread

Tip us?

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahanna View Post
Hows the battery life compared to that of a factory stock rom?
It's great, go ahead and give a shot. Doc also has his own rom s3rx 4.0 which should good as well. If you dont like the ports we have, you can always go back by doing a back up.

D2TMO - MultiBoot
Galaxy Gear - Null Rom android
Asus Transformer TF700 - CROMI X 5.4
The Following User Says Thank You to allendj81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yahanna
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81 View Post
It's great, go ahead and give a shot. Doc also has his own rom s3rx 4.0 which should good as well. If you dont like the ports we have, you can always go back by doing a back up.
Is there an s3rx 4.0 rom version for tmobile USA? If so, can you please post the link?

Btw, how many hours a day do you get from the Likewise rom? Thanks!

mp3deviant721
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Is there an s3rx 4.0 rom version for tmobile USA? If so, can you please post the link?
Is this what you are looking for?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2860797

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Gimme Chocolate!!
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.12exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.48.4 | Radio: UVUEMJ4

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!
The Following User Says Thank You to mp3deviant721 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yahanna
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721 View Post
Is this what you are looking for?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2860797

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Gimme Chocolate!!
Hey I appreciate the link. I looked at it and it looks like the rom has issues. So I think I'll be installing the Likewise rom.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,910

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hey I appreciate the link. I looked at it and it looks like the rom has issues. So I think I'll be installing the Likewise rom.
Its actually got very few problems. The ones listed in op are very very minor. (May i ask whats turned you off from it?)
More importantly though, a newer version is posted on the last page or two. I just haven't been able to properly update the op. (Post 46 I think). I've been running it since before release and its been pretty solid so far.
Hopefully sometime early this week I'll get the op updated and release a secondary build. Also a new version of Likewise is in the works and should be ready to port very soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PunishedSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Even though the AT&T and Sprint versions got kit Kat we won't?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,910

DONATE TO ME
Everyone's been updated afaik. Only T-Mobile hasn't. Its not looking good for it either.

PunishedSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Why do you think that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Maybe they are waiting for the gs4 first which was just done

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

yahanna
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Its actually got very few problems. The ones listed in op are very very minor. (May i ask whats turned you off from it?)
More importantly though, a newer version is posted on the last page or two. I just haven't been able to properly update the op. (Post 46 I think). I've been running it since before release and its been pretty solid so far.
Hopefully sometime early this week I'll get the op updated and release a secondary build. Also a new version of Likewise is in the works and should be ready to port very soon!

Hi Doc! Very good to hear fron you again! To answer your question, I think the rom is so cool except that NFC and battery notifications dont work. Not to sound arrogant since I'm not, but I dont want to experience any issues with such a cool rom. I know roms perfect. But you said a newer version is available? I'll check it out.

I cant wait for the new version of Likewise to come out. I plan to use Xposed mods on it.

Thanks for your concerns, Doc. Youre the best.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,910

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi Doc! Very good to hear fron you again! To answer your question, I think the rom is so cool except that NFC and battery notifications dont work. Not to sound arrogant since I'm not, but I dont want to experience any issues with such a cool rom. I know roms perfect. But you said a newer version is available? I'll check it out.

I cant wait for the new version of Likewise to come out. I plan to use Xposed mods on it.

Thanks for your concerns, Doc. Youre the best.
I should have the new Likewise and S3rx versions ported sometime today as long as nothing comes up! And don't worry, I didn't take your post as arrogant, I just wanted to make sure you didn't see something I missed and that you knew if the 2nd version.
Enewman17 may have his next build out today, and I'll get it ported and posted asap. Talkingmonkeys i believe has taken over the lead on Likewise and I've got the new build now. Just have to port it. Look for a new Likewise thread for this one though since lemonboi and saranhai are no longer working on it.

I'm not promising they will be ready today, but I think I can get them done if nothing pulls me away.

The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]