Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

adbFire 1.06 - Windows/Mac/Linux Sideloader/USB Mounter & More for FireTV/XBMC

Tip us?

dkidsun
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala View Post
The destination directory is simply a folder where xbmc expects to find things. The upper level directory is .xbmc --- underneath it are various "destination directories", like userdata, where the advancedsettings.xml is stored.

XBMC has a "file manager" function that allows you to browse the xbmc filesystem.
In case anyone was wondering, the addon saved to root filesystem / sdcard / android / data / org.xbmc.xbmc / files / .xbmc / addons
The Following User Says Thank You to dkidsun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jocala
Old
(Last edited by jocala; 12th September 2014 at 08:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,018

DONATE TO ME
Default adbFire 1.06 for Linux

adbFire 1.06 for Linux

http://www.jocala.com/adbfire.html

Place adbl106 folder somewhere you have r/w privs.

Distros tested:

Ubuntu 14.04 32/64

Run adbfiles/install32.sh script for Ubuntu
64bit to resolve library dependencies

Linux Mint 17 64/32

Debian test 32bit

Fedora 20 32bit
Run script adbfiles/fedora.sh to enable ADB shell

It may work on untested distros. Run ldd adbFire to check
library dependencies that need resolution for your distro.

adbFire is released under the GPL V3. Full source available at
https://github.com/jocala/adbFire

HenryFord33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samba File Sharing

I like the thought of Samba being persistent between boots, but is there a way to invoke this if I already had Samba FileSharing sideloaded? I dont see any options to check off in the settings. Right now if I reboot I have to re-enable the fileserver manually.

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,018

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryFord33 View Post
I like the thought of Samba being persistent between boots, but is there a way to invoke this if I already had Samba FileSharing sideloaded? I dont see any options to check off in the settings. Right now if I reboot I have to re-enable the fileserver manually.
I don't make any provisions for a sideloaded samba fileserver. What does the sideloaded samba do for you that adbFire doesn't?

HenryFord33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I don't make any provisions for a sideloaded samba fileserver. What does the sideloaded samba do for you that adbFire doesn't?
It doesnt do anything other than its already installed, lol. When you say "persistent between boots", does that mean that if you boot the device you wont have to enable the filesharing program to come back on? Thats all I'm after.

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,018

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
When you say "persistent between boots", does that mean that if you boot the device you wont have to enable the filesharing program to come back on?
Yes.

HenryFord33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Yes.
OK, and you are using the Samba FileSharing by FunkyFresh? Is there something in that program that I can check off in setting to make it persistent on boot? I guess I'll just install it tonight and go from there. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,018

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK, and you are using the Samba FileSharing by FunkyFresh? Is there something in that program that I can check off in setting to make it persistent on boot? I guess I'll just install it tonight and go from there. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

I'm using the open source smbd and nmbd daemons from FunkyFresh (with dev permission), not the FunkyFresh program itself. There's nothing to check off, other than the persistence checkbox for USB/Samba. You'll need to uninstall your sideloaded Samba if you're using adbFire's USB/Samba options.

HenryFord33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I'm using the open source smbd and nmbd daemons from FunkyFresh (with dev permission), not the FunkyFresh program itself. There's nothing to check off, other than the persistence checkbox for USB/Samba. You'll need to uninstall your sideloaded Samba if you're using adbFire's USB/Samba options.
Sounds good, I'll give it a try tonight. Will there be a password needed when other devices try to access the share?

I find it actually makes for a good media server with my usb hard drive attached to my AFTV then have my other AFTV's in the house access it over SMB for streaming. Thanks.

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,018

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sounds good, I'll give it a try tonight. Will there be a password needed when other devices try to access the share?

I find it actually makes for a good media server with my usb hard drive attached to my AFTV then have my other AFTV's in the house access it over SMB for streaming. Thanks.
No password needed.

Tags
adb, android, firetv, xbmc