Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T S4 Zoom PSA

Tip us?

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Default AT&T S4 Zoom PSA

AT&T S4 Zoom PSA:

The firmware for the AT&T SM-C105A is not on the Samsung server. This information regarding the now missing firmware is a result of conversations with Samsung T3 ATS and Samsung Experience Reps.

I have also been unable to locate the AT&T version of the firmware on any of the online archives as well.

As a result, if you trigger the AT&T "unauthorized software" lock you cannot restore the device. Recovery gets locked out, Odin will not flash an alternate firmware and unless a service center already has a copy of the AT&T firmware, they cannot help either.

mumeix
Old
(Last edited by mumeix; 19th May 2014 at 02:42 PM.) Reason: Additional Information
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
AT&T S4 Zoom PSA:

The firmware for the AT&T SM-C105A is not on the Samsung server. This information regarding the now missing firmware is a result of conversations with Samsung T3 ATS and Samsung Experience Reps.

I have also been unable to locate the AT&T version of the firmware on any of the online archives as well.

As a result, if you trigger the AT&T "unauthorized software" lock you cannot restore the device. Recovery gets locked out, Odin will not flash an alternate firmware and unless a service center already has a copy of the AT&T firmware, they cannot help either.
Which firmware are you speaking of? The last update I received for my c105a was 4.2.2. I check daily, however I did not think that the KitKat update had rolled out yet...

EDIT: Never mind. I just drank my first cup of coffee for the day and reread your PSA. So it looks like the stock firmware has been removed from the Samsung site? This seems odd. Any new information regarding the firmware?

Phatboyj420
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumeix View Post
Which firmware are you speaking of? The last update I received for my c105a was 4.2.2. I check daily, however I did not think that the KitKat update had rolled out yet...

EDIT: Never mind. I just drank my first cup of coffee for the day and reread your PSA. So it looks like the stock firmware has been removed from the Samsung site? This seems odd. Any new information regarding the firmware?
Can you get an adb response if so I have a dd.image of the full mmcblck0 Let me Know if you need it
If someone takes the time to provide you with assistance
Thank Them ( there is a button for that )

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
I was able to get it reflashed but have pretty much given up on and consider it a very expensive (+$500) mistake. It now has dead sites on the main CMOS sensor and I've had a hell of a time getting any response from Samsung about an RMA.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

dboykin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboyj420 View Post
Can you get an adb response if so I have a dd.image of the full mmcblck0 Let me Know if you need it
If you still have that image I really need it. How would you go about flashing it as well?

Phatboyj420
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboykin View Post
If you still have that image I really need it. How would you go about flashing it as well?
First you need to be able to access ADB if you can then PM me and I'll get it to you with directions
If someone takes the time to provide you with assistance
Thank Them ( there is a button for that )

funkypunk69
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboyj420 View Post
First you need to be able to access ADB if you can then PM me and I'll get it to you with directions
I am also interested in the fix for this as I am trying to fix my brothers phone. Someone tried to software modify a phone he sold online and then returned it to him after they realized they messed the phone up and there was no fix. Ebay sided with the buyer and now my brother is screwed out of a phone and the money until I can fix it.