Amazon Prime Instant Video on Android tablets

19th March 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 18

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

... There is NO way to watch HD Amazon content on any KitKat device. KitKat uses the Chomium webkit, so It ain't happening period. Now, you can use a browser that utilizes server-side rendering, but again, you are getting a compressed stream, NOT HD & a less than stellar bitrate at that.

Used to be true, but outdated info now. Works on my Nexus 7 (2012) with 4.4.2, and it's not via HTML5.
The Following User Says Thank You to tl3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3

Used to be true, but outdated info now. Works on my Nexus 7 (2012) with 4.4.2, and it's not via HTML5.

I'm just wondering how come a company such as Amazon who builds/sells Kindle Fire tablets which are essentially Android tablets albeit forked versions (but still Android by heart) that they don't support other Android tablets in terms of an Amazon Prime Instant Video Android app.

The only workaround i see is watching it on my PS3 (which i can't carry on a train or bus when i'm travelling or when i'm on a holiday on a beach somehwere) or buy an iPad (which for me is not anymore viable as an Android tablet does all jobs for me) or a get a Kindle Fire tablet (which i've sold due to lack of apps albeit third-party stores) or email Amazon and wait till they realize that they need to create such an app.

Just bloody ridicks!
19th March 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 14

56 posts
Try this http://www.teleread.com/android/watc...itkat-devices/

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ptrsnshane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 40

245 posts
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3

excuse me sir.
i used the forum search and this was the first thread i was redirected to. and the answer i get hiere: "well i know the answer, but i won't answer it just to tell this particular person a lessen, without facing the fact that other people may come around and would also like to know the anser"

maybe you could think over it and share your information with us

geri
15th September 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 6

113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geri.st

excuse me sir.
i used the forum search and this was the first thread i was redirected to. and the answer i get hiere: "well i know the answer, but i won't answer it just to tell this particular person a lessen, without facing the fact that other people may come around and would also like to know the anser"

maybe you could think over it and share your information with us

geri

get the amazon app via the amazon app shop (not from the playstore!) and just try. As i see it, there are now some devices working ok with it, and others are not working. This is the last thing i know. BTW i have an K-R42 (Android TV box) and its NOT working there. i dont know why. Is there anybody not as clueless as we are?!

thank you =)
The Following User Says Thank You to QuAn64m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread