Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,151 Members 36,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you received your G3, share your impressions here

Tip us?

corrsea
Old
Thanks Meter 608
Gone back to my G2 which was being repaired under warranty. Have the G3 to the wife. It's a good phone but it just did not compare in terms of speed and battery life.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

blud7
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Cons:
1. Lag. Sometimes a bit, sometimes a lot
2. Locked bootloader. C'mon, really LG?
3. Average battery life for a huge battery.
4. Camera app is bare bones, not many features, average in low-light

Pros:
1. Camera is very good in bright light
2. Screen display is large, beautiful, colorful and bright
3. Design is gorgeous overall
4. Wireless charging
5. Audio is very loud compared with other smartphones (the M8 has better audio)

That said, rooting this phone makes it an even better buy, but we need an unlocked bootloader
and custom recovery across the models.
History on 'droid...
Previously: Motorola Milestone, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z1
Currently: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, LG G3

DavidX_07
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Ok, I'm done. I bought G2 and I'm selling G3. That is unbeliveble that high end phone could be so laggy. G3 is great if You don't care about that. I has nice camera (but same on G2 so I'm not downgreading - laser autofocus is nice feature but not affect on photo quality), nice screen which is in fact it big pros and cons (pros I don't need to say whay cons because I sold G3 because of lag which is caused by UHD, and also baterry life because of it is crappy).

After one day with G2 and G3 (I already bougth G2 and not sell yet G3) I can say that G2 is faster - yeah it is. I got try on G3 10j and 10i + seeder + disable services + removed ~30 bloatware apps but still G2 is faster. And it's great phone. And I'm sure G3 would be the best phone ever if it would have FHD display (and maybe 0,1 - 0,2 inches less - at is big now). Only thing will I'll be miss on G2 is unbelievable design of G3.

Best regards guys and let me know if LG will unlock bootlader - maybe I will back to G3 then

Fir3blade
Old
Thanks Meter 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidX_07 View Post
Ok, I'm done. I bought G2 and I'm selling G3. That is unbeliveble that high end phone could be so laggy. G3 is great if You don't care about that. I has nice camera (but same on G2 so I'm not downgreading - laser autofocus is nice feature but not affect on photo quality), nice screen which is in fact it big pros and cons (pros I don't need to say whay cons because I sold G3 because of lag which is caused by UHD, and also baterry life because of it is crappy).

After one day with G2 and G3 (I already bougth G2 and not sell yet G3) I can say that G2 is faster - yeah it is. I got try on G3 10j and 10i + seeder + disable services + removed ~30 bloatware apps but still G2 is faster. And it's great phone. And I'm sure G3 would be the best phone ever if it would have FHD display (and maybe 0,1 - 0,2 inches less - at is big now). Only thing will I'll be miss on G2 is unbelievable design of G3.

Best regards guys and let me know if LG will unlock bootlader - maybe I will back to G3 then
Did the same and I am really happy with my G2.

MalekoUK
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Had the G3 just a day! My Old phone just died and was due an upgrade.

I was choosing either the G3 or M8, looked at the M8 and was... meh, never really liked Sense.

Tried the G3 and instantly loved it.

So far REALLY happy with it, haven't had any lag problems yet, have rooted it but haven't looked into custom recovery yet, rooting it was SO easy!

blo_od
Old
Thanks Meter 2
No reboots, but the battery, just from 5h am til 5h35m pm! this is not normal... Update yesterday to V10j...and testing...
Problems?
Lag on Swiftkey
LG Keyboard do not work with Chrome
When I click to show the apps that are open, sometimes do not show any, but if I press back and click again it shows...

and battery...

On V10h I did not had the battery drain so fast...the rest I did...

It is a Good Phone, but the Android is on beta...does anyone has the final version? :P just kidding, but it looks like a beta version with so many bugs...I will try to write all bugs that happens to me!

Any Help?

Richieboy67
Old
Thanks Meter 322

DONATE TO ME
Is it stock?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

3dawg
Old
Thanks Meter 158
OMG the lag on stock is ridiculous. I installed Piano tiles to see if the lag was only in the menus or whatever. It lagged HORRIBLY on a simple game like Piano Tiles.

Replaced the launcher with Nova....instantly fixed lag system wide. Absolutely ridiculous. The stock launcher must be doing some serious **** in the background for it to make the whole system lag like that.