Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 47,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] [GUIDE] [Q&A] - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOT & Then Some

Tip us?

Franzie3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergalthema View Post
It's confusing because there are huge lists like the one found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703
Yes that is more of a serious debloat but that takes away from some of the features. My list was just to get rid of the Verizon bloat while still keeping the overall Galaxy S5 software in tact. I can not really use your link since it is from the S4 forum. While the phones may be similar and im sure some of those apps are. All it takes it one wrong freeze/delete of something to blow someones device up.

Franzie3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergalthema View Post
It's confusing because there are huge lists like the one found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703
Yes that is more of a serious debloat but that takes away from some of the features. My list was just to get rid of the Verizon bloat while still keeping the overall Galaxy S5 software in tact. I will take that link and add it to the bottom., Thanks.

powerplyer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default New 4.4.4 with NHA

Hello,

Just got my S5, and rooted with NHA (after some pains). Installed Busybox...

Would like to know if Safestrap-KLTEVZW-NCG-3.75-B03.apk would work for the NHA. I was planning on running the TW KitKat 4.4.4 ROM. In addition, has anyone tried Xpsosed on 4.4.4?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Chopstix9
Old
(Last edited by Chopstix9; 13th September 2014 at 07:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplyer View Post
Hello,

Just got my S5, and rooted with NHA (after some pains). Installed Busybox...

Would like to know if Safestrap-KLTEVZW-NCG-3.75-B03.apk would work for the NHA. I was planning on running the TW KitKat 4.4.4 ROM. In addition, has anyone tried Xpsosed on 4.4.4?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes. I just upgraded this morning. Xposed & Wanam working fine. Not sure if I needed to but ran the sdfix app first since I odined back to stock. SD can't be read only to install Xposed. I am just running Xposed and some modules. No safestrap or busybox ...
VZW Galaxy S 5 KK 4.4.4
Rooted / SuperSU / Xposed / Wanam +
-------------------------------------
Galaxy Nexus-Retired
VZW Droid Charge-Retired
Original Moto Droid-Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to Chopstix9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

powerplyer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstix9 View Post
Yes. I just upgraded this morning. Xposed & Wanam working fine. Not sure if I needed to but ran the sdfix app first since I odined back to stock. SD can't be read only to install Xposed. I am just running Xposed and some modules. No safestrap or busybox ...
Ok thanks I choose that route as well. I did not do the sdfix.

studpuppy102
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Searching for answers for rooting this new ota. Is it rootable? Same process as the last? Odin new ota flash an old kernel? Root flash new kernel? I didn't see the op updated and been reading through the last few pages

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Never mind. I'm on the latest I was in hope Bluetooth issues would be addressed

putney1477
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstix9 View Post
Which sd fix app did you use? You odined, then Ran the app and went from there?

Thanks

hilllomax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I must be reading this wrong or just a noobie. How do I update to 4.4.4 and keep my root?

Chopstix9
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
Which sd fix app did you use? You odined, then Ran the app and went from there?

Thanks
just put sdfix into search @ playstore ... yes, I odined NE9, took the NHA update and followed rooting protocol from there.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilllomax View Post
I must be reading this wrong or just a noobie. How do I update to 4.4.4 and keep my root?
You say U R reading this wrong but you must not be reading very much at all if you don't know how to get the 4.4.4 update and root !! A little research will answer all of your questions. I have read many people say they had problems after un-freezing apps before rooting NHA so I just did a clean wipe. Rooting NHA is the same as rooting NE9.
VZW Galaxy S 5 KK 4.4.4
Rooted / SuperSU / Xposed / Wanam +
-------------------------------------
Galaxy Nexus-Retired
VZW Droid Charge-Retired
Original Moto Droid-Retired

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chopstix9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]