XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] how to root & unlock droid razr m (XT907) on 4.4.2 kitkat

Tip us?

PrankCallPimp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up [GUIDE] how to root & unlock droid razr m (XT907) on 4.4.2 kitkat

Hey, I put together this video for anyone trying to unlock the bootloader and root their droid razr m on kitkat 4.4.2

Good Luck

youtube . com / watch?v=vBUaQ8Kpji4
The Following User Says Thank You to PrankCallPimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TShipman1981
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok I've been trying to root my droid razr m for 2 days now with no success. it's currently running 4.4.2 sys ver 182.46.15.XT907 Kernel 3.4.42
So far Towel Root tells me my phone isn't supported or the other version of Towel Root I found just freezes. I've been trying to flash my phone back to stock Kit Kat but RSD doesn't recognize my device. Does anyone have any idea what to try next?

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 238
I do apologize but at this time 182/183.46.15 can not be rooted with out an unlocked boot loader

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

TShipman1981
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so far everything I have seen requires the phone to be rooted before you can unlock the boot loader so isn't that pretty much a catch 22? I've also tried to flash the phone to stock kit kat but for whatever reason RSD will not recognize my phone. Can you at least point me in some sort of direction here

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 238
The exploit for unlocking the boot loader has been patched...and you can not down grade with rsd unless your boot loader is unlocked you are pretty much stuck with a unrooted RAZR M if you are on the .15 update with a locked boot loader... You may soft brick or even brick your device if you attempt to downgrade with rsd... What are you wanting to flash with rsd?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.