Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Epson Moverio BT-200 Wearable Display

Tip us?

netgenie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth connectivity

Hey Guys

I just received my BT-200AV released version from Japan. Its running 1.0.5R. Everything works except bluetooth. I tried several speakers and headphones. It detects them and pair but no audio goes to them. I can only hear audio from its own wired headphones. Anybody has the same issue or know a solution?

Regards
n

cybericebyte
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Does not work out of the box from what I can tell. Nerds a new stack and code to support.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

netgenie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybericebyte View Post
Does not work out of the box from what I can tell. Nerds a new stack and code to support.

Strange, I thought this is released version and it should have all functionality! It had Moverio App Market and everything else. How can I install a stack? I can root it if necessary.

cybericebyte
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If you root you will loose some release version capabilities. A stack has to be built and developed. It might be best to wait for an update. I was hoping for the same. Currently I am using a hardware mode I did myself with an old bluetooth headset I had lying around with three different apps I found on the playstore. Tablet notifier, Tablet talk and an2an remote which I purchased 3 out of the 4 or 5 and on's they have. Still experimenting with these but I find more functional with these addons

jedda23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Moverio hardware issue?

I just received my BT-200 glasses and have started working with them. I've noticed that when I close my left eye the screen on the right shows as faded along the left hand side whereas is I close my right eye the screen is clear on all edges. And when i view with the both eyes the two screens do not converge correctly. Has anyone else had issues with screen convergence? Wondering if something is wrong with the alignment on my glasses or if the hardware is just not that precise in regards to the screen convergence.

cybericebyte
Old
Thanks Meter 5
With the last set I received there were alignment instructions with scan code. Check for those in your box.

Rolaids
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default interested in the alignment instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybericebyte View Post
With the last set I received there were alignment instructions with scan code. Check for those in your box.

I have one of the earlier developer units and have not seen any alignment instructions. Can you post details or link?

Jetfixer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaids View Post
I have one of the earlier developer units and have not seen any alignment instructions. Can you post details or link?
Same here, please post instructions.

netgenie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default BT-200AV Summary

Hi All

Just a quick update on my new unit and what I did to it... Hopefully it helps others.

1- I put the order on Amazon to J-Made in Japan to get the AV version as I needed the AV HDMI adaptor. What a mistake! The HDMI to/from Miracast sucks as hell! It has a lot of delay. The quality is worse than SD! I thought it can be used for other Miracast systems as well. But I was wrong. It connects but connections are patchy when I tested with an LG TV. So 150$ is wasted. Secondly, warranty is not global. So when you buy from Japan, you need to send it back to Japan if something happens to the unit.

2- I was hoping to get the released version since I got it from Japan. Well, it is kind of released version with firmware being R1.0.5 with Epson App market. But in reality R1.0.5 is exactly the same as D1.0.5. It just loses USB debug connection in favor of screen mirror for AV adaptor which as I said sucks. So you will be far better off buying it from Epson US or your local country with D firmware.

3- The device works fine and fast. Epson App market is useless. So first thing I did was download 1stMobile market from CNET and I has full fledged App Store. Note that you DON"T need ROOT for this.

4- Install Google Voice Search, Google Keyboard, Google Map, Chrome, YouTube and a lot of other goodies. I avoided installing any Google Play related stuff. They need ROOT and if you install them without it then all of the Google related stuff listed above will stop functioning. Eventually you will need to restore to factory default and start again from scratch. Google Voice Search and Google Keyboard became very handy as the touchpad on the unit, is the worst touchpad I ever seen in my life! It constantly detects wrong taps (1 finger is two finger and viceversa). The surface is abrasive with surface like a sand paper! So after some use, you will feel your finger's skin is gone! So I started using Voice Recognition for searches in Google and also Google Keyboard that supports Swype kind of entry, which helped.

5- On the overall, I guess you'd better off buying a bluetooth keyboard and touchpad. However, if you need to use the touchpad, I recommend switching the VOLUME UP/DOWN keys to SCROLL UP/DOWN. The way I did it, was by rooting the device(check first posts of this thread). Then installed Root Explorer and went and edited all *.kl files in /system/usr/keylayout/ which contained VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN with codes 114 and 115 and changed the entries to DPAD_UP and DPAD_DOWN then rebooted. Good point is that you are still able to change Volume and Brightness by pressing left button and using your touchpad to select the level. The only thing you won't be able to do after this change is 2D->3D switch which is useless anyway!

6- If you use prescription glasses like me and have old glasses somewhere. You can remove the handles and use the rest to put it inside the BT-200 as they suggest in video demonstration. I had it taped so it doesn't fall off. The position is very important as you will lose focus and clarity if not. I have astigmatism, and I noticed that BT-200 is almost unusable without the prescription lenses. This is despite the fact that for everything else I can still not wear my glasses and be fine. Hence, I guess the way BT-200 screen is, requires very sharp sight and if you have problems probably you will need to have a check up.

7- Bluetooth functionality works. But A2DP and other audio services are not included yet. So the device will pair with any bluetooth headset but you get no audio. So don't waste time on it. Hopefully some future version will fix this.

8- Flash Player works by using Firefox and downloading Flash Player APK from Adobe archives.

N.