[ROM] [4.4.4] AOKP KitKat *-Unofficial-*

Search This thread

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
And now for something completely different! (well .. mostly)

AOKP, freshly synced and built with @Sultanxda 's kernel and device trees. Won't go into ART, so please don't try. ( I let mine sit for about 10 minutes with the only noticible difference that it was geting HOT.)
Thanks to @Sultanxda for the source and allowing all of us to use those sources.
Enjoy,
~Kiltnar

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
AOKP, freshly synced and built with @Sultanxda 's kernel and device trees. Won't go into ART, so please don't try. ( I let mine sit for about 10 minutes with the only noticible difference that it was geting HOT.)
Thanks to @Sultanxda for the source and allowing all of us to use those sources.
Enjoy,
~Kiltnar

Downloading and will be testing tomorrow. :highfive: Been itching to try something new so thanks for this!

Reactions: Kiltnar

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
Enjoy,
~Kiltnar

With Sultan's kernel?! I just died haha. Thank you Kilt!!!

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
so i flashed this and i love the rom but it just started to do a glitching screen and now the Bluetooth wont stay on

Umm, is there any way for you to elaborate on this "glitching screen"? As for the BT, it should stay working. Did you do the following:
1) Clean flash (if coming from another ROM)
2) Clean flash from previous version
3) clear your cache && dalvik cache?
As for Bluetooth, I can't test as I have nothing to test with. Just one feature of the phone I've never used. Plus I loose all the Bt ear devices as they are small and easily lost.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Is there any particular kernel you guys would want to have? Been meaning to ask. Lemme know. And I'll sync and build.

honestly, i don't even own a hercules lol. only reason i asked is cause i ported your hercules build to my quincyatt. about the kernel I'm sure the hercules crowd will be satisfied with what ever you choose to pair aokp with but that would be better asked in your hercules thread.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
honestly, i don't even own a hercules lol. only reason i asked is cause i ported your hercules build to my quincyatt. about the kernel I'm sure the hercules crowd will be satisfied with what ever you choose to pair aokp with but that would be better asked in your hercules thread.
You can also port sky builds as well. Little bit different source this time around but same basics are there just like on Hercules.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
You can also port sky builds as well. Little bit different source this time around but same basics are there just like on Hercules.

I've tried numerous times porting roms from the skyrocket but every single attempt just ends in a bootloop, i been taking the same approach like i always have when it comes to ports. i might be over looking some thing but have no idea what that may be and on top of that this device has radio requirements that my quincyatt just dont meet. i believe we only have ICS modems to use nothing for JB which I'm guessing is most likely the cause.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Having problems with flashing?

If you have installed the newest version of TWRP, you may have issues installing roms. I myself installed the newest version last night and could not flash any of the new builds I had made. I had an old zip of vincom's 2.7.0.0 on my sdcard. Installed it and rebooted back to recovery, flash went fine. That being said, there is a new build in the OP with @Cl3Kener 's Diablo kernel. Many thanks to him for making his source public. https://github.com/hellybean/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common if you want the link.
Enjoy everyone!

Dec 17, 2013
Oklahoma City
Maybe I am incorrect for using CWM recovery.. I just, I've always pushed towards it. TWRP, it's a great recovery I just like the simplicity of CWM. Anyways, I get a RR every 10 minutes or so on the newest build with the diablo kernel! I dirty flashed, clean flashed. All. Always the same thing. Any ideas? Do I have to use TWRP recovery or can I use CWM recovery?:confused:

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Maybe I am incorrect for using CWM recovery.. I just, I've always pushed towards it. TWRP, it's a great recovery I just like the simplicity of CWM. Anyways, I get a RR every 10 minutes or so on the newest build with the diablo kernel! I dirty flashed, clean flashed. All. Always the same thing. Any ideas? Do I have to use TWRP recovery or can I use CWM recovery?:confused:
Did you change any of the kernel settings? Try changing the governor to something other than ondemand, it has been disabled in the cm kernel and could be what's causing the issue. Let me know and I'll disable it from future builds.

twobats1

Dec 8, 2012
Moto G6 Play
Google Pixel 4a
Flashed with TWRP 2700, couldn't get any camera to work, wouldn't even stay in drawer, still listed in apps. Was running real well otherwise! Switched to ondemand and wound up soft-bricked. I've had trouble with AOKP before.

juggalo818

Oct 30, 2012
Burbank
www.androidhkmarket.co.nr
Umm, is there any way for you to elaborate on this "glitching screen"? As for the BT, it should stay working. Did you do the following:
1) Clean flash (if coming from another ROM)
2) Clean flash from previous version
3) clear your cache && dalvik cache?
As for Bluetooth, I can't test as I have nothing to test with. Just one feature of the phone I've never used. Plus I loose all the Bt ear devices as they are small and easily lost.

i did a clean flash and all that but it does this screen glitch and flashing i tryed to do a screen shot but it does not show maybe if i use 2 phones to show you and the bluetooth for sure has a error

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
i did a clean flash and all that but it does this screen glitch and flashing i tryed to do a screen shot but it does not show maybe if i use 2 phones to show you and the bluetooth for sure has a error
Which build? I removed the diablo kernel build, it was too unstable. So if you downloaded it and are having problems please flash over it with one of the cm builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now Presenting AOKP KitKat for the Skyrocket
    83.png

Device: skyrocket (SGH-I727)

81.png

>> Installation is simple:

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP 2.6.1.0 (Not TWRP 2.6.3.0) - Thanks @vincom
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

78.png

>> Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

In order from newest to oldest..

Dev Db link 4.4.4 CM kernel Nov. 4, 2014

Dev Db link 4.4.4 SultanXda Kernel Nov. 2, 2014

Dev Db Link 4.4.4 CM Kernel Sept. 15, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 7 4.4.4 SultanXda Kernel Sept 1, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 6 4.4.4 July 8, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 5 4.4.3 June 19, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 4 May 7, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 3

AOKP KitKat Build 2
    DEV DB Link Build 2

AOKP KitKat Build 1
    DEV DB Link

_____Hercules Builds_____
    In hercules forums

Special Thanks
    AOKP
    CM
    Rookie Thread
    Everyone that enjoys this Rom

82.png

>> AOKP Gerrit
    >>AOKP on Github
    >>Source on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    >> Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    Kiltnar, AOKP_ROM
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-01-24
    Last Updated 2014-11-04
    Enjoy guys. Just wanted to share with community.

Changelog - Device Changes May 7, 2014
    Qcom-common
    *Fixes for Interactive governor
    *FFMPEG codecs

MSM8660-common
    *remove duplicate SElinux rules
    *add memtrack HAL
    *enable QCOM_BSP
    *disable LPA
    *grant bluetooth LE permissions
    *enable kernel samepage merging (ksm)
    *remove linux includes
    *enable 3 buffers at all times
    *enable media-caf
    *Camera Wrapper
    New Build is up.. Check OP.. Thanks guys. I'll continue building for the skyrocket until I finally brick my phone.
    And now for something completely different! (well .. mostly)

Enjoy,
    ~Kiltnar
    Working on getting an update in this weekend with the new bootanimation and 4.4.3. Will update this post if there are problems.
    Thanks guys and gals!

EDIT: New bootanimation isn't working yet.

EDIT2: Boot animation is now working correctly .. rebuilding now. If I have time before I go to work in the morning I'll upload and share. (Hercules will be next)