Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] AOKP KitKat *-Unofficial-*

Tip us?

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltnar View Post
You can also port sky builds as well. Little bit different source this time around but same basics are there just like on Hercules.
I've tried numerous times porting roms from the skyrocket but every single attempt just ends in a bootloop, i been taking the same approach like i always have when it comes to ports. i might be over looking some thing but have no idea what that may be and on top of that this device has radio requirements that my quincyatt just dont meet. i believe we only have ICS modems to use nothing for JB which I'm guessing is most likely the cause.
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.2
KERNEL: Stock CM

Kiltnar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 712

DONATE TO ME
Default Having problems with flashing?

If you have installed the newest version of TWRP, you may have issues installing roms. I myself installed the newest version last night and could not flash any of the new builds I had made. I had an old zip of vincom's 2.7.0.0 on my sdcard. Installed it and rebooted back to recovery, flash went fine. That being said, there is a new build in the OP with @Cl3Kener 's Diablo kernel. Many thanks to him for making his source public. https://github.com/hellybean/android...msm8660-common if you want the link.
Enjoy everyone!
Hit the thanks button if I've helped.
My devices: LG Thrill >> Samsung Skyrocket == Nexus 4

twobats1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had a serious bootloop w/last one (couldn't even get to recovery), but I'll load up this one and check it out. Always liked Diablo kernel. Download just finished!

SighIsAnonymous
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Maybe I am incorrect for using CWM recovery.. I just, I've always pushed towards it. TWRP, it's a great recovery I just like the simplicity of CWM. Anyways, I get a RR every 10 minutes or so on the newest build with the diablo kernel! I dirty flashed, clean flashed. All. Always the same thing. Any ideas? Do I have to use TWRP recovery or can I use CWM recovery?

Kiltnar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 712

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SighIsAnonymous View Post
Maybe I am incorrect for using CWM recovery.. I just, I've always pushed towards it. TWRP, it's a great recovery I just like the simplicity of CWM. Anyways, I get a RR every 10 minutes or so on the newest build with the diablo kernel! I dirty flashed, clean flashed. All. Always the same thing. Any ideas? Do I have to use TWRP recovery or can I use CWM recovery?
Did you change any of the kernel settings? Try changing the governor to something other than ondemand, it has been disabled in the cm kernel and could be what's causing the issue. Let me know and I'll disable it from future builds.

twobats1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Flashed with TWRP 2700, couldn't get any camera to work, wouldn't even stay in drawer, still listed in apps. Was running real well otherwise! Switched to ondemand and wound up soft-bricked. I've had trouble with AOKP before.

Kiltnar
Old
(Last edited by Kiltnar; 16th September 2014 at 06:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 712

DONATE TO ME
Link for Diablo Kernel was removed.
New build in OP with CM kernel.