[HELP THREAD] Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 | Ask any question | Noob friendly

16th September 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
So, a friend and I both have a Samsung Tab 3.7. However, they somehow went into their settings --> about device ---> software update and they got the recent firmware update for samsung tab 3.7 wifi which was kitkat 4.4.2. I still have 4.1.2. I have 2 questions.

First, from droidnews site I assume that the firmware update will slowly come over the air (OTA) aka through wifi. Is that correct? My friend lives in Florida, and he got his upgrade today. I live in IL, and my tablet has yet to show any update for firmware.

I realize that instead of waiting for 4.4.2 to come through wifi update, I can use Odin to flash my firmware, and get kitkat 4.4.2 immediately.

So secondly for those of you who have gone from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2, how did you do it? If you used odin, did you encounter any dim screen, flickering screen, or otherwise any problems? I tried to root my device once, and it was a nightmare that I'm not willing to go through again. But if I have some replies from some brave people who have upgraded to 4.4.2 tell me any issues they had, or none, then I may try odin.

Please respond!
Last edited by ameva; 16th September 2014 at 01:14 AM.
16th September 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #102  
Flag Waupaca, Wi
Thanks Meter: 30

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameva

So, a friend and I both have a Samsung Tab 3.7. However, they somehow went into their settings --> about device ---> software update and they got the recent firmware update for samsung tab 3.7 wifi which was kitkat 4.4.2. I still have 4.1.2. I have 2 questions.

First, from droidnews site I assume that the firmware update will slowly come over the air (OTA) aka through wifi. Is that correct? My friend lives in Florida, and he got his upgrade today. I live in IL, and my tablet has yet to show any update for firmware.

I realize that instead of waiting for 4.4.2 to come through wifi update, I can use Odin to flash my firmware, and get kitkat 4.4.2 immediately.

So secondly for those of you who have gone from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2, how did you do it? If you used odin, did you encounter any dim screen, flickering screen, or otherwise any problems? I tried to root my device once, and it was a nightmare that I'm not willing to go through again. But if I have some replies from some brave people who have upgraded to 4.4.2 tell me any issues they had, or none, then I may try odin.

Please respond!

Well first have you tried kies to update? Second rooting isnt hard just flash a custom recovery with odin then flash supersu
16th September 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 23

218 posts
More
bro wel it work ps3 controller to our tab 3????

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread