Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [09/13/14]

Tip us?

jcsullins
Old
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlephone View Post
For the recipe, does thatmean it's possible to make a build on the touchpad?

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium App
No.

excarnate
Old
(Last edited by excarnate; Yesterday at 12:48 AM.) Reason: donation nation!!!
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsullins View Post
I've uploaded a new build: cm-11-20140913-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.

There are two things I think are noteworthy about this build: improved backlight control and recipe baked inside.
First of all, THANK YOU! (and yes, I clicked Thanks, too (and yes, I just donated)). A couple questions...

I took a look at this link, and don't see many changes, but that doesn't seem like it would be the be-all, end-all source of updates from 6/24 to 9/13.

Where can I go to see the changelog?

My mom's Touchpad locks up (I believe while sleeping) ~3 times/week. Someone suggested increasing the minimum speed in the Performance setting. Comments? Does the new version have fixes for lockups or failures to wake?

scifan
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by excarnate View Post
First of all, THANK YOU! (and yes, I clicked Thanks, too (and yes, I just donated)). A couple questions...

I took a look at this link, and don't see many changes, but that doesn't seem like it would be the be-all, end-all source of updates from 6/24 to 9/13.

My mom's Touchpad locks up (I believe while sleeping) ~3 times/week. Someone suggested increasing the minimum speed in the Performance setting. Comments? Does the new version have fixes for lockups or failures to wake?
What version are you running for her touchpad right now?

shumash
Old
Thanks Meter 1,820

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by excarnate View Post

Wrong link. Right link
The Following User Says Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

synchron50
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry, this new 0913 ROM did not work well for me... Kept getting constant FC android.process.acore messages. I dirty flashed it using Philz CWM (wiping cache and dalvik).

Good thing I made a Nandroid Backup just yesterday. I'm now fully recovered and back to 0625 ROM.

shumash
Old
Thanks Meter 1,820

DONATE TO ME
--DELETED--...

drmarble
Old
Thanks Meter 550
Thanks again Mr. Sullins. This works great. I especially liked the functional brightness control. I got the notification bar swiping to adjusting enabled for tablets a few months ago which made the touchpad better. Now the auto adjust works and there is a much useable range.
I also appreciate your inclusion of the build-tweaks.txt file. I found a script by Kapil (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ss/43juvD1qGIQ) that made it easy to apply. I've included it at the end of this post.
Seeing the changes as a series of commits does make them easier to understand but even just one big commit helps. It seems that your are getting much closer to regaining nightly status for the touchpad. Only minor changes to official shared repositories are required.
Once again. Excellent work. We all thank you.

Code:
## Script to patch up diff reated by `repo diff`

if [ -z "$1" ] || [ ! -e "$1" ]; then
    echo "Usages: $0 <repo_diff_file>";
    exit 0;
fi

rm -fr _tmp_splits*
cat $1 | csplit -qf '' -b "_tmp_splits.%d.diff" - '/^project.*\/$/' '{*}'

working_dir=`pwd`

for proj_diff in `ls _tmp_splits.*.diff`
do
    chg_dir=`cat $proj_diff | grep '^project.*\/$' | cut -d " " -f 2`
    echo "FILE: $proj_diff $chg_dir"
    if [ -e $chg_dir ]; then
        ( cd $chg_dir; \
            cat $working_dir/$proj_diff | grep -v '^project.*\/$' | patch -Np1;);
    else
        echo "$0: Project directory $chg_dir don't exists.";
    fi
done
The Following User Says Thank You to drmarble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chris5s
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchron50 View Post
Sorry, this new 0913 ROM did not work well for me... Kept getting constant FC android.process.acore messages. I dirty flashed it using Philz CWM (wiping cache and dalvik).

Good thing I made a Nandroid Backup just yesterday. I'm now fully recovered and back to 0625 ROM.
I dirty flashed with Philz cwm too, and had similar experience, even broke my WiFi. So I used Philz to do a clean install and its running very, very smoothly now. A pain but worth it.

Peace.
Lumia 820 - stock
HP Touchpad 16/32GB - webOS/Android
Xiaomi 1S

Tags
cm11, hp touchpad, kitkat 4.4, tenderloin