XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock S5 From Sprint To Tmobile?

Tip us?

youdoofus
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlade12 View Post
Sprint phones cant work with T-Mobile, Sprint blocks other US GSM carriers from using their phone.
Sprint phones can only be used outside of the states
This is absolutely incorrect. I have a Sprint S5 in my hand with the moar 2.0 ROM on it and I popped both an att and tmob sim card in it and calls worked without any finagleing at all. Data is another story as it requires you to add an APN network connection. The freq speak is also incorrect, anyone sho can do something as simple as going to phonescoop and comparing a sprint s5 against something like a tmob s4 will see the exact same mhz ratings of the gsm radio capabilities...
The Following User Says Thank You to youdoofus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alfracing16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a galaxy S5 from sprint (g900p). I was told from 2 different sprint call center people that with the MSL code (which I already got) the phone can be used with another domestic company and also international.
From that point I started an account with T Mobile, but when I inserted the SIM card into my phone it doesnt recognize it and obiusly have no signal.

Ive tried different methods to get the phone into the GSM frecuency, even accesing to the Hidden Menu and choosing ONLY GSM FREC, tried to add an APN, and now I'm thinking to install a g900t ROM to make it work or a custom ROM.

If anyone here can help me out with this, I will appreciate that

Hamspiced
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdoofus View Post
This is absolutely incorrect. I have a Sprint S5 in my hand with the moar 2.0 ROM on it and I popped both an att and tmob sim card in it and calls worked without any finagleing at all. Data is another story as it requires you to add an APN network connection. The freq speak is also incorrect, anyone sho can do something as simple as going to phonescoop and comparing a sprint s5 against something like a tmob s4 will see the exact same mhz ratings of the gsm radio capabilities...

First off... You dont.

My phone (Sprint S5) is internationally unlocked. I have used it multiple times internationally. I also have MOAR 2.0. Plugging in another carrier's Sim (Both AT&T and T-mobile) Will recognize a signal, but will not allow for outgoing calls or data. There has not been any type of workaround for an international or domestic unlock through a rom. If there was i assure you we would have covered it in the thread above this one regarding needing help from the community to unlock the phone.

I dont know where you are getting your information, but judging from your past posts you just seem to be posting in anything regarding an unlock and giving misinformation to the community. So allow me to clarify.

There is no current domestic unlock available. International unlock can only be performed through Sprint Global Customer Service. Although Sprint phones may have the capabilities to be on other GSM bands, it isnt currently available. or possible.

youdoofus
Old
(Last edited by youdoofus; 6th September 2014 at 06:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Its all very nice that this has been your personal experience, but if you'd like, I can walk over to the same two people I borrowed the sim cards from and reconfirm that att and tmob cards both work for calls, however that seems unnecessary. In addition, I have simunlocked an S2 hercules. Not difficult at all. Also, my most recent posts have been about prl flashing in aosp ROMs, which one member said was possible with *# codes, which I disproved. In either event, my personal g900p does work with those gsm carriers sims. End of discussion...

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Do not install a tmob ROM on a sprint S5 unless you like fancy paperweights

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

bcas9472
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default OK, I'll finally post it

Guys, everyone has been pming me for this, figure I'd make it public.

To enable TMOBILE 1700 AWS LTE on an Sprint Phone.

Example:

On a SPH-L720 you first need to flash the M919 modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin. Then, replace the SPH-L720 files libril.so,libril-qcril-hook-oem.so,libril-qc-qmi-1.so with the Tmobile M919 ones.

Once you have done that and rebooted, you can actually go into the Debug Menu and select AWS 1700 for LTE and LTE/WCDMA/GSM for selection.
Use adb shel, su -, am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://27663368378 to get into debug menu.

Once that is done, enable Modem Mode by executing
am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://0808
and set to rmnet , dm, modem, fire up DFS, add port, spc unlock with your msl (get using MSLUtility.apk - must have wifi on). Final step in DFS, Go to Band Tab, select Nam1, select the little radio button RF BC COnfig in the lower right, click read to see your bands. Checkbox the WCDMA IV (AWS 1700) USA and click the write button. Repeat for Nam2.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcas9472 View Post
On a SPH-L720 you first need to flash the M919 modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin. Then, replace the SPH-L720 files libril.so,libril-qcril-hook-oem.so,libril-qc-qmi-1.so with the Tmobile M919 ones.

Thanks. But wrong forum.

Guys , do not try to flash this radio to a S5. You'll brick your phone. He is talking about a S4, not S5 phone.

As he is relating, there is a hack to add the AWS (1700 Mhz) band to some phone models. But his instructions will not work for a S5. If you want to try hacking your S5, refer to these threads instead:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-band-t2867331
http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...ating-t2871269

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bcas9472
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
Thanks. But wrong forum.

Guys , do not try to flash this radio to a S5. You'll brick your phone. He is talking about a S4, not S5 phone.

As he is relating, there is a hack to add the AWS (1700 Mhz) band to some phone models. But his instructions will not work for a S5. If you want to try hacking your S5, refer to these threads instead:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-band-t2867331
http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...ating-t2871269

Yes I double that! Phew thanks man I am glad you cleared that up - I had a long day.
Regards