Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Coolpad 9976A - ROOT

Tip us?

seraser
Old
(Last edited by seraser; 9th September 2014 at 05:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor2001 View Post
I'm back...

V102 is still kinda "buggy" and always needs two tries to boot into the system (on my rooted 9976A).
Looks like a reset is due or I go back some firmwares.

Regards

Hi.

Yes, you are right two boots.

For me root ever lose after reboot, used the famous rabbit, root genius, kingbo, eroot, vroot, update supersu, nothing root properly, but all this programs reported a falsed root, only root genius really root with the app kingroot but after reboot losed again.

This phone is unbrickable, Coolpad do it very well with the firmware CDS.

Best regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to seraser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

puentejo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up about your coolpad.9976a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkodj View Post
Thanks for reply to me im living in Colombia yes i have this problem i try to delete everything with the factory reset but nothing always appear this errore if i pur the 2sim card..the problem is that never i did modding and i font know how start im afraid to do this. I'm using Colombian providers like virgin and tigo.. In this rom that I have I have multilanguage I need Italian Spanish English.. My recovery isnt in chinese i try to flash a ROM from there from SD card but give me error
One question . Does it works in the Carriers that Colombia has ? Movistar?, Claro? Tigo? Virgin?.
Thanks

kikkodj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi the phone work with all the carriers just call and edge in colombia. the 3g dont work i use uff and tigo...saludos

Quote:
Originally Posted by puentejo View Post
One question . Does it works in the Carriers that Colombia has ? Movistar?, Claro? Tigo? Virgin?.
Thanks

seraser
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Hi.

Just installed the latest 104 update and rooted with a few files into TWRP file manager.

Best regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to seraser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thor2001
Old
(Last edited by thor2001; 15th September 2014 at 10:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 95
Downloaded the update 12 h ago, too.

Couldn't use though, because it's looking for some apks again, which aren't there.

I'll do the mary-go-around and put the files there or if it's still bugging me I'll go back to v100, which was much better/stable.

@seraser

Which program did you use for v104,or did you use the supersu.zip via custom-recovery?
Thanks

---

@johndebur mentioned, that after updating to v104 the paid and installed apps won't be gone after restarting.

---

Regards

...OTG with 9976A

seraser
Old
(Last edited by seraser; 16th September 2014 at 09:53 PM.) Reason: Second method, easier.
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor2001 View Post
Downloaded the update 12 h ago, too.

Couldn't use though, because it's looking for some apks again, which aren't there.

I'll do the mary-go-around and put the files there or if it's still bugging me I'll go back to v100, which was much better/stable.

@seraser

Which program did you use for v104,or did you use the supersu.zip via custom-recovery?
Thanks

...OTG with 9976A
Hi.

Well, the problem is simply, the file install-recovery.sh, this is into /system/etc/, this file disable supersu and daemonsu when coolpad upgrade the phone.

For me this work, first install the needed apks of system/app, simply with root explorer, copy all the aplications with multiselect/copy and paste inside system/app, do not replace any apk, skip, and only install the needed apks, if not the system get to much force stops, go to recovery and fix permissions or fix permisions manually, copy the good install-recovery.sh to your sdcard.

Download the update but no press update on the upgrade apk, press later, reboot manually to the stock recovery, go to update from cache, select inside the folder recovery update.zip and install, when the installation is finish DO NOT REBOOT, leave in the recovery and go the next step.

Now is time for SP Flash tools, install TWRP recovery, all credits for sevenMaxs of 4pda, prepare the recovery img file and press download, now you can select on the recovery reboot to system and SP Flashtools flash the TWRP recovery, DO NOT REBOOT and turn on the phone into the new TWRP recovery.

Mount system, with file manager go to the good install-recovery.sh and paste inside system/etc, give permisions.

Now you can reboot, and your phone is rooted and fully working with a clean reboot, no two attemps.

When the phone boot the system report an 104 update, long press on Update System APP and press App info, force stop and clear data, now you can check the updates again and the system report 104 updated.

I cant upload files, if anybody want the needed files write me a pm.

Coolpad maybe need change the system protection

Best regards.

Edit:

More easy, install on the computer eroot, this program root the phone but after reboot root is losed.

Install the update, root with eroot, install supersu, go to system/etc and paste the attached file overwriting the bad install-recovery.sh
Attached Files
File Type: zip install-recovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (227 Bytes, 3 views)